1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Give me Caruso and there 2024 pick for Green.@, 2nd rounder and whatever they can get from routing Tate and Landale to third teams.

j@amc, Shark44 and Aruba77 like this.
  2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Nets are leaking so much. The pressure is on them. There is no viable pathway for contention in Brooklyn with Bridges. I think the Rockets will be able to get Bridges if they want him.

joshuaao and conquistador#11 like this.
  3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

In the spirit of the Adams deal, whosezno:

Tate - Vanderbilt

kspires999 likes this.
  4. Landry's Tooth

Well, they have a potential star in Cam Thomas, a lock down elite 3 and D in Bridges, and a decent rim protector in Claxton.

I think they are 2 players away if Thomas develops. They need a 2 way 4 who can space and a complete player at point.

The Suns picks give them some hope of getting someone via trade.

5. Landry's Tooth

Coby is a better player. No chance they do that. Maybe for Jalen and 2024 Brooklyn pick unprotected.

Not sure Coby on defense is what Ime wants.

Obviously if Jalen goes on a run longer than a few games his trade value is boosted. I'm not holding my breath....

ramotadab and Corrosion like this.
  6. Landry's Tooth

Harden got them a haul. Martin, and unprotected Toronto pick, and a recent first round pick.

If Jalen could get them a 20 point scorer who can shoot, and unprotected 1 from a bad team, and a young player; wouldn't everyone do that?

7. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Yikes. The clock is tickin on Luka’s time in Dallas.

BelgianRocketsFan and ramotadab like this.
  8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

When Bridges is 30 years old?

ramotadab and matchesmalone like this.
  9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Get 'er done, Murrey

ramotadab likes this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Cam is not a potential star if we are honest. He's about greens level

ramotadab likes this.
  11. Landry's Tooth

Sure. It's not 36...

12. Landry's Tooth

Youngest player ever to drop 40 3 games in a row.

His numbers have dipped a little this year with the higher usage. It's something he's going to have to work through.

All the efficiency stats favor Thomas over Green. All the counting stats favor Green, he has played more.

It's a fair comp but most people outside of Houston probably take Thomas as he's shown nba level efficiency whereas Green is trying to shoot his way out of the league in long stretches.

jogo likes this.
  13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I do the trade if we got back Caruso and an unprotected 2025 1st.

While Caruso fits us well now, Green still has the potential to be the new face of the Bulls and replace their aging stars. Green and White would be a pretty dynamic and young backcourt.

14. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Jalen Green+hella picks for Anthony Davis if the Lakers decide to blow it up.

ramotadab likes this.
  15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Maybe. He's already having a much better rookie season than Jalen did at the same age--although granted he is in a much better/easier situation than Jalen was.

I doubt he will be a superstar due to some of his limitations, but I think he could become an all-star.

AD would be a nice fit right now, probably get us to 4th/5th seed next season if he stays healthy. But he's already 30 and has been pretty injury-prone and doesn't show up consistently in the playoffs. Odds of winning a chip with him before he's washed are very slim, so I'm not sure it's worth giving up a ton of assets

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

yep. But not necessarily ‘young’.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We are talking about Cam Thomas

OremLK likes this.
  18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

You really think AD is a good fit? We would be starting 2 pure centers who can’t shoot

Corrosion likes this.
  19. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

X’s and O’s Davis would fit great. AD+Alpy are good enough jumpshooters to maintain spacing. On defense, Davis gives you real rim protection. Jabari & Davis would be one of the best defensive tandems in basketball.

The biggest con for an Anthony Davis addition would be his locker room fit with Dillon Brooks and co.. Udoka could hopefully whip him into shape, he would have to give the stamp of approval he denied Harden. I’ll never forget Davis wearing the “That’s All, Folks!” shirt in New Orleans. AD has personality problems.

astrosrule likes this.
  20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya of course he would be awesome on defense, but he can’t shoot at all and neither can sengun. If you add Brooks that’s 3 players who can be completely ignored outside of the rim basically (i know brooks has been shooting better then usual but he’s still one of the worst offensive players in basketball).