1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cam Whitmore Snubbed!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Absolutely ludicrous that Cam wasn’t selected for the NBA Rising Stars game. Fourth highest ppg for rookies and in literally half the minutes. He should refuse to go next year when selected for the Sophomore Rising Stars and give Silver the middle finger. Hopefully, this unleashes even more of a beast in his retribution tour.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He declined.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He did? Or was that just the dunk comp??

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Looks like a Greek God, apply for the Olympics?

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Can't take this thread seriously with only 3 exclamation points. MOAR PLZ!!!!!!!!!

6. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

They probably had the selections penciled in before Cam actually started getting regular minutes.

7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He did not decline, actually said his goal was to be in the Rising Stars game. NBA likely penalized him for rejecting their Slam Dunk Competition.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

fake news. He declined. He said it's a waste of his time and too easy for him

He doesn't give af about no Rising Stars

Salvy likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Exactly, they needed star power and he said nope.

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  10. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

NBA is bitter because the Rockets declined to trade Whitmore for Wemby straight up

Jontro and ramotadab like this.
  11. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He declined slam dunk contest and said he would be honored to be selected to the rising srars game. Please don’t post lies about fake news. 100% guarantee you can’t post any evidence of your lie about Cam turning down the rising stars game or not caring about it. 100% guarantee it because it is a flat out lie which is what most of your posts are.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nope. But you’ll keep crying like you always do

Wahhh wahh why not c wood

the irony of talking about a lie and here you are trying to tell folks he said he wanted to play in the rising stars game. Gtfoh. He doesn’t give af about it and a complete waste of his time.

#12 YOLO, Jan 31, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Cam will be there in 1 or 2 years when he has already done great things in the league.....

14. Asian Sensation

Wrong again like always while being a condescending diickhead. You suck biitch.

https://clutchpoints.com/rockets-ca...ba-dunk-contest-invite-to-focus-on-main-goals

Although he doesn't appear to have interest in the Dunk Contest, Whitmore does hope to be in this year's Rising Stars game, Feigen reported. An invite to the Rising Stars game would certainly put him more on the map for NBA media.”

BallSoHarden and Imanimal like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Wrong he never said actually said it. He’s assuming. It would easily be quoted and found if he did. Guess what you can’t find it. So stfu loser.

HE NEVER ACTUALLY SAID IT. Until you can find a actual quote from Cam saying it you can just stfu. Both of you are two of the biggest idiots on this board.

“he said he would be honored to be selected to the rising stars game” WRONG. And here you are trying to ride dick acting like he physically said it. Go back to your hole. I bet you’re online right now frantically searching X and google cam rising stars quote. LOL

#15 YOLO, Jan 31, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
  16. Asian Sensation

nice edit dip ****. Looks like you were the one that was frantically looking to make sure there are no quotes.

Should I believe reject @YOLO ’s assumption that Cam Whitmore “don’t give af about it and thinks it’s a waste of time” or Jonathan Feigen reporting that Cam hopes to be in the game? Hrggghhh real tough choice here :rolleyes:

Imanimal likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not really. Just wanted to keep adding how much of a moron you are. There’s always room and time for that. Yeah that’s why you see him in the rising stars game. And dunk contest. Oh wait. What makes sense :rolleyes:

obviously that’s what you did lmao and couldn’t find anything. Hahahahhah

to a dumbass like you who cannot put 2 and 2 together well I wouldn’t expect you to figure it out. Typical online loser

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

He’s too stupid to know what this picture means

20. Asian Sensation

Lmao. Self awareness = ZERO.

Reading comprehension and critical thinking fail much?

I don’t, I really don’t, nothing that takes technique and plus, with the flashiness added into that. It’s hard.

I got asked twice for the dunk contest and I said ‘no.’ I’m waiting until the time comes. I don’t see myself as a dunker. I don’t have anything up my sleeve right now. But in year two, year three, when I establish myself as somebody in this league, yeah I’ll do it.”

Cam Whitmore on why he declined to participate in the Slam Dunk contest”

Sounds to me like A) he wants to make sure he’s got the clout and popularity before entering the dunk contest so there’s more hype and B) he wants to wait until he’s better prepared with the dunks he’ll do.

The rising stars game would’ve been a good opportunity to showcase his talents and build up said hype. Bbbut bbut but “He doesn’t give af about it and a complete waste of his time.” Lmaooo!