1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cam Whitmore putting in work

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Sep 12, 2023.

?

Is he ready with a bigger role and more responsibilities AKA minutes - this early

This poll will close on Sep 12, 2025 at 3:14 AM.
  1. yes

286 vote(s)
    85.6%
  2. no

48 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. Fantasma Negro

What the whole ****!? I just learned this dude is only 19 years old, I thought he was 22 lol. This guy is going to be a ****ing star

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Someone do a background check on 19 year olds that look like 29 year olds with that beard.

ramotadab and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

yup, Cam Whitmore has officially saved the rockets franchise. Good times are coming fellas.

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

this is what I’m saying. I remember hearing from former players on one of those podcasts that the NBA/NFL don’t care if you’re a good scorer. As long as you’re out there doing stuff you’ll always have a job.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why 39 year old PJ Tucker can still get on a contender every year.....also he barely gets over minimum.

Guys like Monta Ellis got kicked out of the door.

#1425 daywalker02, Jan 31, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
    ramotadab and BigShasta like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Dunk Contest? Rising Stars?

"Nah F that, I'm working"

#1426 YOLO, Jan 31, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Selective memory picking out examples that confirm your narrative. There are one ty of scorers only guys that had long ass careers like Crawford.

What makes people survive in he league is talent + coachability. Do you make a good faith effort to listen to your coaches?

I think everyone of our young core six both have talent and are coachable. You haven't heard a peep from Green reducing his role besides his teammates saying he just works harder when his role is reduced, the complete opposite of a player like Ellis.

ramotadab and Mathloom like this.
  8. TimDuncanDonaut

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

lol I love when Cam does those out of nowhere unexpected dunks that didn't even have to be dunks and you see an opposing player clearly thinking "damn I better be careful".

ramotadab, glynch and DaDakota like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is only 19, he will get bigger, stronger and faster...and more skilled....oh baby.

DD

glynch likes this.
  11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

OMG ! I am starting to think he might, aside from Wemby be the best player in the last 5 drafts.

joshuaao, ramotadab and jcmoon like this.
  12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

@DreamShook
    [​IMG]

13. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he very well could be, his handles are good enough. If one day, he can use that screen and do the james harden stepback, superstar.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sengun OFers faint

ramotadab likes this.
  15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

After the Rockets' beatdown of the Lakers earlier this week, Darvin Ham had high praise for Whitmore, who finished the night with 20 points on 7-of-12 shooting from the floor. "The kid is going to be special, man," Ham said. He also called Whitmore a "bright young superstar," prior to that game, and for good reason. His versatility as someone who can score with or without the ball in his hands is a valuable asset on the Rockets, and when he gets going downhill it's like he's been shot out of a cannon.

The control Whitmore displays when he gets out in transition, and his ability to finish in traffic is impressive for a rookie. He also has supreme confidence and isn't afraid to back down from a challenge, even if LeBron James and Anthony Davis are surrounding him in the paint.

That little exchange at the end, where Whitmore hands the ball back to LeBron as a bit of showmanship was just the icing on top of what was a standout performance from the Rockets rookie. Oh, and Whitmore's become a reliable 3-point threat for the Rockets, which they sorely need as the rank 27th in the league in that category. But Whitmore is shooting 39.3% from deep this season, which ranks highest on the Rockets amongst players who are taking three or more attempts per game this season.

Holybats, plegus and jcmoon like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

We havent seen tari since DD said he loved him. for safety.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

I said at beginning of the year that Cam would find a rotation spot if he could just do 3 things, shoot open 3s, finish plays, and play defense. However, I was skeptical that he can reign himself in to play such a limited role, so I actually thought he'd spend most of his time in the G-League. But he actually has really played the way he needed to get minutes. He's taking half his shots as 3s and only 8% of shots are mid-to-long 2s. He's also only turning the ball over 6% of the time. This level of discipline is what you'd expect from a vet, but Cam is already showing that kind of self-restraint. I don't know if he can be a star, but you can already see the Mikal Bridges type player in a few years.

dmoneybangbang and ramotadab like this.
  18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Tyrese Haliburton, Anthony Edwards, and of course Sengun can out of the past five drafts, so it's going to be a tough hill to climb--but he definitely looks great right now, so we'll see!

ramotadab likes this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

@DaDakota Please tell us you hate Cam and think he sucks.

Find some scrub to simp for .... For Cam's sake.

Denovo and YOLO like this.
  20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Hell nah I'm done giving power to the DD curse. Spreading sage, lighting candles, collecting ladybugs, and REBUKING that

#1440 Scarface281, Feb 1, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2024