1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's all happily eat JG crow and hop in the playoffs real quick. :D

2. kpdark

kpdark Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hope Cam Whitmore will be Numero Uno as well......Dude just balls out....

alex_eg6 likes this.
  4. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Happy for the Rockets. Happy for JGreen. That's 3 games in a row! I'm not yet convinced he was worth the 2nd pick but I'm crossing my fingers he can continue this production but most importantly in Rockets wins.

5. cml750

cml750 Member

Way to increase your trade value Jalen. The timing could not be more perfect with the trade deadline coming up. They need to capitalize on his hot streak before he goes back to his normal crappy self (which anyone who has been paying attention knows will happen). .

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He did most of his scoring against set defenses. Showed multiple advanced moves to get to the rim for a finish.

Ironically this is the way Cam basically scores for now(against unset defenses) even though people are saying he's already better. Cam's set shot is better but that's about it for now.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I want the Rockets to be a good team. I want them to eventually compete at the highest level.
    Jalen has had a few good games lately, but I have two minds on the matter.

He has reignited some hope for me. Hope that he can become a significant cog in the Rockets future.
    But I also know a string of a few good games doesnt erase a season of mostly bad ones.

Its inevitable that in the long term, we cant pay Sengun, Jabari, Tari, Cam, Amen and Green.
    We have to let go of at least two of them if not three over the next couple years and the FO has to start that process soon.

In my mind, of the six players mentioned above, Green's future in the most uncertain. I dont know when the FO will start unloading some of these guys, but whenever that is, the guy(s) with the most uncertain future will likely be the first to go.

Jalen has between now and then to prove he is a keeper. Prove that he can get it done consistently.
    This recent string of good games isnt nearly enough, but it could be a beginning. Or it could be fools gold. Only time will tell.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What did he say?

12. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

13. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

14. Ancient Moabite

After next season the receipts are going to be comical and lower-self ego driven from either side, may the best anti/pro group win

Perpetual crow/horse ish eating indeed

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You just have to forget this 2nd pick thing. It doesn’t serve our team in any way and it’s a very blurry way of measuring things. The only thing that matters is how much money is he worth on the open market.

If he can get to the point where he’s worth $30m+ then it was worth tanking for a season. To get there, he needs to be a better 3pt shooter and finish stronger through contact in the paint.

Technically we can wait as long as 1.5 years to see if he gets there, let him hit the open market as RFA and match an offer. In reality, I think he has to prove a lot more this season otherwise they/Cam won’t give him 1.5 years to get there.

16. jogo

jogo Member

I'm curious, too, what did he say? He has apparently scrubbed it. Does anyone know or have an archive?

17. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

I think Darvin Ham referred to FVV, Sengun, and Jalen Green as a three-headed monster, and Jackson posted this:

[​IMG]

18. MystikArkitect

I mean...he wasn't wrong. Jalen's been that right dragon for 3 years.

cryout75, AroundTheWorld and jim1961 like this.
  19. jogo

jogo Member

Thanks. If he posted that, then that is really bad as a journalist. And a Rockets one at that!

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

When he plays well, there are is actually some sort of tranquility.........I am more inclined to accept that....