1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

Eye test for me is, he is improving at a much earlier age than most,,,I don't expect him to ever be Dream, from what I have seen I expect him to be an ELITE offensive presence, and if he can cancel out most if not all numbers of counterpart...Huge win. With the support group he will have defensively growing with him? Any early long term judgment is just silly...I don't know how old all of you are but I was mid twenties before the light came on in my trade that I started at 18, I was serviceable, but there were others noticeably better. Took a few forward, a few back, at 24 I was supervisor, at 29 project manager, etc. From my point of view, these are just kids, and we are expecting them to be a finished just because some other kid one time did or did not reach expectations? Get frustrated, get hopeful, repeat ...arm chair gm is a grind I know...breeeeeeeeeeeathe

AlperenSengun, Gergin and clos4life like this.
  2. cml750

cml750 Member

Way to increase your trade value Jalen. The timing could not be more perfect with the trade deadline coming up. They need to capitalize on his hot streak before he goes back to his normal crappy self (which anyone who has been paying attention knows will happen). .

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, if a hard ass Coach has to tell you to box out and attack the basket....

I do not know.

If he ever gets traded to a franchise that does not care a lick about him, then he would be toast quickly.

HardenReturns likes this.
  4. cml750

cml750 Member

I just hope the GM that looks at the sparkling fools gold and mistakes it for real gold is not Stone. He should know better by now. There is no better time to get the maximum value for Green to help erase the mistake he made in drafting him in the first place. There is no way to ever completely erase the mistake of whiffing on a #2 draft pick but selling him while his value is at its highest makes the most sense.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. omgTHEpotential

Since certain people only post those useless 1-game sample Off/Def ratings when Sengun has a bad game, I thought we might as well check them out when he has a better game as well.

[​IMG]

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Anti-Jermaine Samuels and Anti-Nate Hinton agenda exposed by posting this ;).

Seriously, how do they come up with -300 in 23 seconds lmao.

cml750 and omgTHEpotential like this.
  7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

"they are so young" is not the only consideration when talking about patience

Even if Green is young, he's behind schedule vs how much he will want to get paid for his next contract.

Bo6 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Trivia question: Who made the most dunks on the team this season so far?

Is it Jalen Green, who was in the dunk contest? Or Cam, whose dunks I love (they are so "violent")?

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Answer:

[​IMG]
    About as many dunks as Jalen and Jabari combined. Not bad for someone who supposedly plays "like Scola", below the rim, and can't jump (Scola had 31 dunks in TOTAL in his entire 10-year NBA career). By the way, this is one area where the Jokic comparison doesn't fit - Jokic has a total of 8 (eight) dunks this season. Sengun may be an inch shorter, but he is actually a LOT more athletic than Jokic.

#11589 AroundTheWorld, Jan 30, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
    cmoak1982 and HardenReturns like this.
  10. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

It corresponds to conceding a 3 in one possession. It can happen to anyone. Actually it happens to everyone but they play more minutes to cancel it out with other plays.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, reality is in both the Clippers and Cavs game, he missed a free throw in the last minute that would have put us ahead. In addition to the Nets game which we could have tied. So that's a few times right there.

I never said the second part, but they are a reason, yes. It's something he should strive to get better at.

12. tagedieb

tagedieb Member

When looking at this pic,

Sengun haters be like: "Look, I told you so, he is actually 6'4", same as Jalen"
    Ja Green haters: "He plays one so-so game and he looks entitled.."

13. tagedieb

tagedieb Member

Or he could say, "that fateful January evening in Houston, Sengun and I had a total of 33pts, 14rebs, and 7 assists between ourselves"..

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree, patience is intangible, you need a more tangible and calculable variable.

Their services are paid in million of dollars.

15. conquistador#11

Incredible the strides he has taken at such a young age and so many more nuances to learn. And you still have people that are too dumb or play dumb because they don't like the guy saying he's not all that hehe. But his development every year has been right on par with Alpi's idol, from the matchups that Joker struggled to in his first 3 years to the number of 30 point games at said age. Read that Jokic had 6 of those in his 3rd year. Sengun has 8 already with a few more games remaining. Wish we'd signed Biyombo so that he could practice against LOBsters every day.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

NBA players are more like stocks than employees. It's not about having patience with a guy you pay him a bunch. It's about the long term return you want to get from your investment.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. Strawberry Gum

Tari averaging almost one per game is also very impressive. I miss watching the guy play.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For the Lakers they might be more employees because they can virtually pick older developed players.

Easy likes this.
  19. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

Brook Lopez does not give af when he’s launching 3s, miss or make. Alpi is still hesitating too much. Hell, you’re gonna get benched anyway…just let it fly baby.

Little Bit and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. conquistador#11

Hollins said Sengun shoots the three better when he does hesitate. Anyone keep track like they did with braided hair Jalen and no braids Jalen?

harold bingo likes this.