1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

nullified? like if he goes to jail? sure, that's true i suppose, but even KPJ couldn't be nullified

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did you not read my post, John Wall?

He was still paid by the Rockets but he is nowhere near the Rockets.

You are not even the owner, why worried about his money?

If the owner was okay paying for Siakam then so be it....

You have a version of Stockton and Malone, they might not win it all, but they were historical pieces.....

Anyone would have made those deals....

HardenReturns likes this.
  3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Rockets were tanking, wall's money didn't matter. If indy decides to tank then ya having that albatross on the books isn't a big deal, but 4-5 years of max money for him is brutal for them

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he might not make it to 5 years.....I doubt that very much.

He makes it to 3 or 4 years and they try to unload him or cut him......

It is a sign that Indiana has more ambitions than staying an ugly duckling in the East.

Haliburton will attract other Free agents and players, that is why I think they might unload Siakam....

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

YES! Cook him Clutch! I was waiting for this, finally a day you can shine. Clutch would never do this for any other rocket btw, no matter how bad they play (just look at Jalen the last 30 games), talk about agendas.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

lol

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Indiana made their bed retooling in Haliburton Era....that one is clear.

It is just a different way than what the Rockets are doing....does not make it a worse way.....

8. maypk

maypk Member

Clutch when Sengun had better DRTG than Jabari whole season: DRTG doesn't mean anything, it's a lineup stat.

Clutch when Sengun had a bad DRTG in a game: See!!!! He had the worst DRTG!!!!!

Watching him and daboio on RW is hilarious though. I hope they never stop blaming Alpi for every points Rockets concede in next 10 years, lol.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

It’s going to be a miserable 10 years for some Rockets fans. Delicious!

cml750 and maypk like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It does not mean a lot if a 20 minutes per game player is averaging the best defensive ratings.....

Tate is gonna Tate.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Since he likes stats so much all of a sudden, here’s some ammunition for the next tweet that will never come.

cml750 likes this.
  12. maypk

maypk Member

I fell of my chair laughing when he said "Alpi's man DFS hit the 3" when Udoka is scolding Amen and Jalen for defending nobody.

I mean clearly Alp had a horrible defensive game, but if he blames even this one on Alp either a) clutch has no idea about basketball (0 chance) b) clutch has an agenda and acts accordingly.

HardenReturns, cml750 and RudyTBag like this.
  13. CXbby

CXbby Member

Love this! Look at Jalen 2 feet away from a wide open Dfs and doesn’t even flinch, he’s like “not my man!” Amen was probably the one that got lost and Sengun had to pick up his man, but it was Jalen’s responsibility to help as the guy one step away from the ball, too bad he is as selfish on defense as he is on offense.

14. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

OK, NBA has 30 coaches. Theorotically 12 bad coaches, 6 average and 12 good coaches. If you think that Udoka is better than average could you please name me 18 coaches who Udoka is better than them.

We are talking about average NBA coach, not average high school coach.

Calling Udoka as an average NBA coach might be a compliment nowadays, not an insult. It means that he is in a company with six who are better than the bottom 12. I can't tell you 12 worse coaches than Ime Udoka at the moment.

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

To top it off he raises his hands like 'wtf' at a teammate.

The guy just has absolutely zero defensive IQ.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I had to add, sorry for being late, the best Pacers players in history are Reggie Miller and Paul George (pre-Prime).....by bars that are not high.

Haliburton and Siakam might already be on the cusp of being better than their historic players.

Is it worth it? For them hell yes!!!!! The Rox have better history than they have and higher expectations.

#11476 daywalker02, Jan 27, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
  17. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Sengun needs some shooters around him or teams are just going to continue to send 2 to 3 guys at him. Hope Stone can get him some help at the deadline. Plus we need Jabari and Tari back bad. Sengun is one of the biggest reason we have won as many games as we have. He is 21. He'll figure it out if he is already this amazing at just 21.

18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

That's somewhat fair, nobody is lining up to go to Indy, so they have to overpay badly like they will this offseason. Haliburton should help that, people will want to play with him similar to Jokic so while i would not have done that deal, i do get it.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. AmenTheSuperstar

Is there a special reason why Clutch is on the hunt for the bad days of Sengun? I'm new here so I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out in this regard.

20. cml750

cml750 Member

I think they are trying to showcase that worse player to trade him.