1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green is back!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Asian Sensation

How TF you gonna play nearly 40 mins and not get a SINGLE rebound? Soft ass femme boi.

Crashlanded19 and HardenReturns like this.
  2. TheBeastSystem

how many did anfernee get off him?

HardenReturns likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Empty stats, shoots too much, poor D, seen enough.

DD

Melik, HardenReturns, cml750 and 3 others like this.
  4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Taking you off ignore?

I see some on Clutchfans don't know the 'show ignore content' button or how it works.

I guess that level of IQ explains why you felt the need to shout out once a month about Jalen. B-r-u-t-a-l.

Let me guess? 29 points on 24 shots. Queue the Dreamshook "hnnnnngggggg Jalen is Kobe I TOLD Y'ALL!!!!'

Imagine having a meltdown over 'your kind'... meanwhile doing the above hahaha. Pathetic.

5. Downtown Sniper

I see someone doesn't know how to use quotation marks correctly.

6. Downtown Sniper

Can Jalen Green go back to the G League?

Melik likes this.
  7. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Bro played 39 minutes and did not get a single rebound. 31.9% from 3.

What exactly would we be losing giving his starting spot to Amen? Maybe one day he'll be Jordan Clarkson, but it won't be with us.

8. Downtown Sniper

It's ironic rebounding is literally the only thing (because I completely disregard improving from the worst defender in the league, to at best the fifth worst defender in the league) the Jalen fans repeatedly point to as a sign of improvement this season.

When in reality - he makes a concerted effort to leave the perimeter (and his man) with an eye only for the ball so he can record a defensive rebound stat (explains why his man gets a lot of offensive rebounds... in crucial moments of games)

So the one game he doesn't make that concerted effort.... he gets zero....

Showing he does not have a nose for the ball or a feel for the game to come naturally to him.

9. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

So we gonna ignore the fact that J green has been playing like crap ever since…..

rumors or being a baby daddy????? To a 39 year old????? No wonder his head ain’t straight, my boy got major problems if this true

HD729 likes this.
  10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Lame attempt especially when you're 100% wrong

11. cml750

cml750 Member

Bingo, this is likely the only reason he is still in the starting lineup. Hopefully a GM or two around the league noticed.

12. Downtown Sniper

Wrong about what, exactly?

You quoted a post where I asked a question.

Please explain how somebody can be wrong by asking a question.

That's another woeful miss (hey, are you Jalen Green!?)

Good quality poster Scarface.

13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Amen is not a shooting guard he is a pg. FVV is not a shooting guard. Both FVV and Jalen are the problem. I really want to see a rotation of Amen, Cam, brooks, jabari and Sengun, but FVV is going to block that for the next two years. At the very least FVV’s minutes needs to be reduced to 30 and Amen’ up to 25. I’ve given up on the playoffs. It’s time to start preparing for FVV and Jalen to be traded by the deadline next year.

14. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of yall don’t listen to POP - because these kids don’t play true ( HS and College Ball) they get drafted and are behind schedule on the basics because their athletic talent carried them … so now they in the NBA and playing against grown men… and on top of that learning and adjusting their game mentally and physically (Lucas changing Jalen’s shot)

But because idiots are loud on X and the same on here repeatly wanting instant gratification .. it makes our fanbase look horrible

TheJet likes this.
  15. j@amc

j@amc Member

TL;DR: Jalen has to go. Mr. Stone, follow the Buck's example. Make a daring move.

The matchup numbers for the Blazer's game (1-24) posted this morning:
    Jalen gave up 5 points on 2-3 shooting
    Sengun gave up 13 on 6-6 shooting
    FVV gave up 12 on 5-6 shooting​

(I think these "counts" include possessions in which multiple players are "guarding the ball" because the numbers don't compute back into the box score at all.)

All players (including Anfernee) were 5–10 against Jalen. The video is here, shot by shot. It's a little like revisiting a crime scene.

Perhaps the most encouraging data from the Portland game is Jock Landale's D. The Blazers were only 2–8 when he was defending. I guess that was why he was a team-high+8 for the game. In the last couple of games, Landale does seem to have more spring in his step.

Sengun had many more reps, but the Blazers were very successful when he was the primary defender 14–23, though he did force a team-high 3 TOs. But the whole group was pretty bad. Dillon Brooks defended FG attempt #s: 12–15. Ouch.

The other number that I have to comment on is Jalen's zero rebounds in 38 minutes. The player tracking numbers show how many chances a player has for rebounds. He had 8 for the game (5 potential offensive boards and 3 potential defensive boards). Coming up empty is unacceptable.

The complete picture is someone barely engaged on D. He's not contesting shots and not on the glass; he gets maybe one deflection a game. He's not even in foul trouble.

I know we didn't have anyone else to throw out there against Portland because of injuries, but I'm ready to turn the page from the last two seasons. Jalen is the lingering hangover from the Silas era. Jalen has to go.

Keeping him on the roster will ensure that OKC gets an even better draft pick this off-season because we're going lose more games and fall entirely out of the playoff picture. We couldn't even matchup against the 13-31 Portland Trailblazers. We need more shooting. We need a stronger, more established perimeter defender.

Mr. Stone, follow the Buck's example. Make a daring move.

cml750 and Downtown Sniper like this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This dude does not do a single thing at an NBA-average level. Seriously. Zero.

Why is he starting?

cml750 and Downtown Sniper like this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

Did he really impregnate this woman? Learning wrong **** from the coach lmao

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He needs to play less whether we believe in his development or not. 25 minutes maximum.

He is making it way too hard for the starters to exist.

Joe Rocket and DaDakota like this.
  19. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member