1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Gary Trent Jr for Oladipo+Bullock+LotterProtectedPick. Move Jalen to bench.

Get it done Stone!

BaselineFade likes this.
  2. TheBeastSystem

jalen jaesean vic jock two 2024 seconds for jonathan isaac gary harris chuma okeke 2024 pick swap rights with Nets pick plus 2025 nuggets or magic pick whichever is lower

3. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I would give them the 2026 draft pick protected but not the 2024…no way

4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I've been warming up to the idea of Trent Jr too. He is better overall than Grimes, but he's not an ex coog lol. He probably won't get much traction on this board.

ipaman and BamBam like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dorian Finney Smith might be a name that Udoka could go for...

[​IMG]

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Trent Jr has similar flaws to Jalen's, except he can actually shoot. Raps fans are utterly fed up with his low basketball IQ and defensive lapses.

plegus likes this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

From
    Herro isn't any more a needle mover than Bridges, in fact Bridges would be the better fit.

IF I'm giving up those potential lottery picks from the Nets, I need to get a real needle mover in return.

carl_herrera likes this.
  9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Herro only just turned 24 though--he may have a little more improvement left in him. You're right he is probably, at best, a low-end all-star. But at least he's young enough.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. NewAge

NewAge Member

Hey man, welcome back! Where have you been? You got us worried!

Little Bit, jch1911 and J.R. like this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Honestly, I don't think he's all that good as an all around player and he's a terrible defender .... just not as bad as ***** .... he might be worse statistically without Bam, Jimmy Buckets and Spoelstra.

He's a very good shooter and a solid fit for the team he's on, you take him out of that environment and I don't think he performs as well.

Sure, he fits the age requirement and is an improvement over the current starting 2 guard but that marginal improvement isn't worth the teams best asset.

Keep in mind that in that type of deal you are most likely sending Jalen out too .... It takes $21,600,000 in outgoing salary for matching purposes on Herro's contract so that's Jalen, the Brooklyn pick and another
    $11,708,520 headed out the door, just doesn't seem like enough return on equity to me.

NewAge likes this.
  13. jogo

jogo Member

How about something like:

Jalen, Bullock, Oladipo, Bkn 1st round pick 2024 to Port for Brogdon and R Williams?

Maybe that's a big overpay. I think I'd do Jalen, Bullock, Oladipo Brogdon and Williams but why would Portland do it? I might sub FRP for Jalen, too.

14. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

This trade from Marks is disgusting.

A good baseline: No Brooklyn pick will be traded for a player less than an above average starter level. Definitely not for a potential 5th starter type, and absolutely not for backups.

Doesn’t even matter what the argument is about value… Stone or any GM would just never do it. They’d be remembered as the guy who traded a top 10 pick for washed Alec Burks, or a backup C, or some other fringe guy. The whole business of being a GM is avoiding looking dumb.

J.R., comrade, ArtV and 1 other person like this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Take out the first round pick and give them 2 seconds, I would do it. Include Portland and send Burks, Tate, plus the Nets 24 top ten protected for Brogdon.

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

My bet is Grimes and fillers for Tate is going to happen...it just makes sense for both teams

Mathloom and jch1911 like this.
  17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Insaw some clown on YouTube advocating trading the BKN pick this year for Brook Lopez

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

It would be some good depth if that's all Grimes costs. Not a move I'd really be excited about, I don't see him as a starter in the league. But would certainly add some much-needed shooting to the roster.

19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

i'm not COMPLETELY opposed to herro if it's just for salary filler and no picks. I probably wouldn't do it, but i would at least consider it. Giving up the nets pick this year for him is utter lunacy. He's at best a neutral asset, a guard who plays zero defense and doesn't create

ArtV likes this.
  20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Heat fans say he's taken a real step forward on defense this season--not surprising since, like Ime, Spo doesn't tolerate BS