1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

QUENTIN GRIMES (dont screw this up STONE)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jan 23, 2024.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

What has Stone done to think he'd screw anything up? The Rockets are ahead of almost every rebuilding team

2. jogo

jogo Member

I don't get the fascination with Grimes. Is it because he went to U of H? His stats looked good last year but are really bad this year.
    His defensive stats don't show him as a good defender. He can shoot the three, I'll give him that (and that's really important).

I wouldn't trade Green for him and I don't like Green. (I've been thinking about Nick Richards.)

3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Grimes isn’t even in the same league as Green. They’d have to give us him and a first for Jalen.

shakes05 and raining threes like this.
  4. MystikArkitect

Quentin Grimes is worth a late 1st or a couple of seconds. He's not worth Green and definitely not worth the Nets pick/Tari Eason.

Can easily draft a better SG prospect with the Nets pick. Or Filipowski who we should be looking at. 3 and D centers are the hottest commodity in the league behind superstars.

Little Bit and Y2JT like this.
  5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Quentin Grimes when given the time to play is .40% from three and .50% from the two

Jalen Green in his best form is about .33% and .47 respectively

Quentin is stronger, taller and better at defense.

I dont want to give up Jalen yet, but I would love to see Quentin start and Jalen be benched

Give them Tate and couple of 2nd rounders or late 1st.

csc177 and jch1911 like this.
  6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Exactly. You don’t trade a #2 pick in the draft for Quentin Grimes. I think he’s a nice player but no to giving up valuable assets for a player that’s a dime a dozen.

GOATuve, Zen Tabak, DVauthrin and 2 others like this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

The Knicks are trying to compete now, I don't see why they would want Green unless we were attaching additional assets or we came up with a 3 team trade.

8. j@amc

j@amc Member

I don't have much confidence that we can get this one right since we believed in Josh Christopher over Grimes.

tehG l i d e and csc177 like this.
  9. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Jalen has a much higher ceiling then Grimes, people here want him just because he is from the area

shakes05 likes this.
  10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Gary Trent Jr. much better option and let's you convert Jalen to 6th man. Also only cost you salary filler and a protected pick.

11. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Last year Grimes was a starter on a 47 win team playing great D and scored 11ppg on 62% TS. If that’s really what he is rather than the guy who took a step back this year in a different role that won’t be easy to draft in the 8-10 range in a weak draft.

That’s also light years ahead of Jalen as a productive NBA player.

subtomic likes this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

I think dry humping (as seen in video) had something to do with that and I want to be wrong.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dry but something was wet.

tehG l i d e likes this.
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

And that’s why some people shouldn’t quit their day jobs

15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Then, he needs to play better and give more effort on the defensive end regardless of how his shot is falling. Minutes in the NBA are earned.

Still, I wouldn’t trade Jalen Green for Quentin Grimes unless the Knicks also are sending Mitchell Robinson or a few of the first-round picks they own.

Plowman likes this.
  16. csc177

csc177 Member

Trent would be a great add!

17. dmoneybangbang

This year he went from 30MPG to 20MPG on an even better Knicks team. I think he is an improvement but giving up on Green for someone who isn't going to move the needle much and will probably require more than just Jalen unless a third team is involved.

I don't see why the Knicks would want Green over Grimes at this point in time.

18. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Trent Jr is who I want and I'm a big Grimes fan (went to UH

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

I would have traded Greg Oden for the 52 pick and he was a #1. Trash is trash.

cml750 likes this.
  20. raining threes

Agreed,

I wonder what it would take to get Grimes without Green.