1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FX] Fargo Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Oct 25, 2023.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Excellent post!

Brilliant season all around even though it took me a couple of episodes to buy in.

Jon Hamm and Jennifer Jason Leigh were 10/10.
    Juno Temple earned my respect but I still don't fully accept her portraying an exaggerated mid-westerner.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't sure how I would feel about Juno Temple but by the end of the show I loved her. Same with Jennifer Jason Leigh and her character. That's one thing the Fargo showrunners seem to be really good at is getting great performances out of actors you typically wouldn't expect it from. Kirsten Dunst, Chris Rock and Collin Hanks come to mind. Bokeem Woodbine was also amazing in a way I wouldn't have expected based on his previous roles.

I wonder if Hawley is going to focus on Alien from here on out, or if he will keep making more Fargo.

arkoe, Buck Turgidson and A_3PO like this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

AND! No Country had this parallel with pure good, pure evil and grey area. This had a recurring theme of debts & collections.

LOVED the ending. Lulz.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I kind of hope Alien. And Doctor Doom or similar.

5. Buck Turgidson

Aight, done. I really, really liked this season. Will give a few months and watch it again to see what I missed.

Blake likes this.
  6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Fargo season 5 was a critique of capitalism and the power of accents.

gifford1967 likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

If Taylor Sheridan can make 73 mediocre tv shows at the same time I think Hawley can nail doing 2 good ones.

Blake likes this.
  8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Man, that final scene in her house. Incredible. Really took the season from pretty good to great in my opinion. Perfect way to end it and so much better than if they had just ended it at the ranch etc.

arkoe, GRENDEL, cwebbster and 4 others like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Oola Moonk Munch Sin Eater. Eating a cookie.

A man has to go the toilet as he is intolerant.

arkoe, Blake and cwebbster like this.
  10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Really enjoyed this season. I need to go back and watch 1 - 4, definitely liked this one the best after the first two. At this point I really don't remember 3. 4 I didn't have as much of a problem with as a lot of other people but what I really didn't like was the
    random ass tornado.

Sam Spruell and the Old Munch character is what really made the season for me though, more than Hamm, Leigh and the others. As @Blake said the final scene was just absolutely fantastic.

Blake likes this.