1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Jalen Green's trade value now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 14, 2024.

?

What is Jalen Green's trade value now?

1. 2-4

2. 5-8

3. 9-12

4. 13-17

5. 18-23

6. Late first

7. Seconds

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Amen will never be traded. That is my prediction. He will be our starting pg starting around the trade deadline next year.

2. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

He's not starting over Van Vleet, hopefully he can learn to shoot before then.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think FVV & picks go out at next years deadline for a star.

rockets1995 likes this.
  4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

No doubt Fred VanVleet will be traded next year. Fred seems to be playing for Scoring Stats.

Trade Fred VanVleet for Picks, need a Young Center, Young Backup Point Guard.

5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Thread should be Fred VanVleet Trade Value. Fred VanVleet being traded is Realistic because of his 29 Years of Age and Value. Amen Thompson will be ready to take over.

Fred VanVleet on the Clippers or Suns seems like the Fit.

Dillon Brooks might have value on another Team, Maybe in 2025 he gets traded. Tari Eason will Start.

6. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I voted seconds but considered late first. I don’t see what trade there really is out there for him as the centerpiece we get assets back for. Good teams shouldn’t want him and most bad teams have shooting guards they are evaluating. Charlotte is about all I’ve got. If everything somehow goes well he’s RFA after next year.

Remember, best we could get for rerouting Jarrett Allen with Prince’s contract was a late first. Bagley just had to have two seconds attached to trade his deal at an annual salary close to what Green will make next year.

7. dmoneybangbang

We aren't getting a top 10 pick for Jalen.....

I'm not against moving Jalen but not for a late 1st rounder and a role player to make us a marginally better team. I'd much rather see how he looks next season and roll the dice than a poopoo platter package.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  8. cml750

cml750 Member

I truly hope that is the case although I am not sold on him at this time.

9. cml750

cml750 Member

Sometimes the addition comes from the subtraction. I am not saying that is the case here but it very well could be. Either way Jalen needs a MUCH reduced role so Cam can get more time. I think they are just waiting to the trade deadline to make the change so they do not hurt Jalen's value which unfortunately is going down the more he plays. It is a catch 22.

clutchdabear and Corrosion like this.
  10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Second rounder and if we're lucky a bag of Cow Sh*t. But I'd doubt a team would even give that to us.

11. maypk

maypk Member

His trade value is already all-time low right now, and I don't think they're trading Jalen anyway.

Imo, there's no point in trading Jalen, but at some point, at the very least, the Rockets should bench him for a few games and see how the team looks without him and how he reacts.

NewAge and cml750 like this.
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

“How much for a rib?”

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I've been scouring the league for trades. Is there any chance they can work a deal with Charlotte for Rozier? He wants out of Charlotte and his contract isn't amazing. I saw he wants to go to Miami which could make sense. Seems doubtful at best, but he would be a massive upgrade over Jalen.

14. NewAge

NewAge Member

Scary Terry is putting up good numbers, but Fred+Terry would be a very small backcourt… I do think that CHA is one of the most realistic destinations for Green, though…
    (h/t to @daywalker02 as well)

daywalker02 and robbie380 like this.
  15. NewAge

NewAge Member

I think you’re right: fertilizer prices have gone up quite a bit last couple of years…
    :D

16. invocux

invocux Member

His trade value

17. gogispade

gogispade Member

I think that we need an @Clutch podcast on current Rocket state, upcoming trade deadline and the future of the Rockets young core.

LFG @Clutch!

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. clos4life

clos4life Member

That shot looks o ugly right now, he needs to really work at it. Maybe by his 3rd season he might become average.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what his trade value is, but the fact that a bench player for the Knicks would be an upgrade over Jalen Green is pretty telling.

20. dmoneybangbang

This was always going to be an evaluation season, not trade a #2 pick for very marginal improvement

I disagree that Jalen needs "a much reduced role" (whatever that exactly means) as Cam can get minutes elsewhere.