1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cringeworthy] Craig Akerman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish Clutch would rename the site ComplaintFans

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Are you complaining that it's not called that

RKREBORN, Jontro and CertifiedTroll like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes. And seeing as how the complaint manager is Helen Waite, I'll just go to Helen Waite.

napalm06 likes this.
  4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Yes because my join date is the exact day I became a Rockets fan and also Rockets fans only exist on Clutchfans lol Youre so smart just like most people on this board youre all just so smart lol

Ankara1923 likes this.
  5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Art Eckman was good. RIP.

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Am I the only one who hates how “cringe” is misused nowadays? It’s the new “literally.”

Joe Rocket and napalm06 like this.
  7. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Agree. He's constantly slipping in analysis with quick comments about mistakes and set plays without doing the Hubie lecture (which I don't mind).

I also like Ackerman. I think the worst trait in an announcer is the inability to see the game impartially. Both of our announcers will say a foul was called correctly or incorrectly whether or not it benefits the Rockets or not. I often hear "The Rockets fouled but didn't get called" and "The other team shouldn't have been called for that". I'm an emotional basketcase during important games, so I don't need announcers speaking to the little guy on my shoulder who tells me we're getting screwed.

8. NewAge

NewAge Member

Hollins sucks. So did Bull. So did Clyde.

That Nigerian-American WNBA girl who’s from Houston. What was her name? She’s got such personality, such fantastic media presence. She’d be absolutely great in the booth. They should absolutely try to get her.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Nope. Literally, cringe, cope, af, etc. An influencer or a meme says it and the lemmings get in formation!

10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Frankly, this is how I feel. I just don't enjoy either guy.

Plowman likes this.