1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/13/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Scheduled loss. Good thing that the Rockets got the W yesterday.

JayGoogle, ramotadab, OremLK and 7 others like this.
  2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

lol 24 threes..... wtf?

ramotadab and Patience like this.
  3. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Hartenstein 15 rebound fantasy update. :(

Thanks Morone

4. SamsonCorletwo

Any team against us in the recent days is shooting feast even Pistons does

5. maypk

maypk Member

Very insightful post. I just learned that Jokic is the luckiest basketball player, and the Nuggets are the luckiest basketball team in the world.

Here's the thing though, you can b*tch about Alpi all you want with your burner accounts, but he's going to be a Rocket for a long time.

tagedieb, xtruroyaltyx, bmelo and 2 others like this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Post game analysis:

Boston is good.

tagedieb, ramotadab, sirjesse and 2 others like this.
  7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Looks like its a good thing i missed this game

8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

You literally missed NOTHING of value except the affirmation that Cam is good, Amen will be good, and the rest of our team played like a team on the second night of a back-to-back against an undefeated team at home.

Boring loss

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Our defense is out of sync with all these injuries and new players getting pt like Amen and Cam.

ramotadab likes this.
  10. MystikArkitect

Good time for a family birthday party with Rockets and Coogs ******** the bed tonight. Whatd I miss outside of Boston going nuclear from 3?

11. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

WTF are you talking about?

maypk and Downtown Sniper like this.
  12. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

I agree that Harden brings in far more wins than FVV, but if this team plans on winning titles in the next Decade, it will be with the current crop of players, not a 34 year old Harden. This is more of a developmental year for the young guys so they enter their mid 20s fully fleshed out. You don't want a Mikail Bridges or (ironically enough) a James Harden in OKC type situation where you simply don't know what the young guy is fully capable of because too many veteran players consumed too many possessions, even if those veterans were better choices at the time.

TLDR: Sengun probably still emerges with Harden, not sure about Jabari or anyone else.

ramotadab, quikkag and OremLK like this.
  13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Is this the first time Cam has outscored Jalen? Harbinger of things to come?

Hakeemtheking and ramotadab like this.
  14. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Are you that d... not to understand what was written there?

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

We still blaming Jalen tho hopefully?

Roomba likes this.
  16. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Do you think Harden would have been happy here and wouldn’t have been trying to force a trade before long? Do you think he would have meshed with Udoka’s style and would fit into this system smoothly? Do you think the team would have had a better record right now if Harden had been signed instead of VanVleet?

ramotadab likes this.
  17. StroudAndYorDaddy

well udoka had harden in brooklyn for 1 year and whenever the big 3 was healthy they went 13-3 together with a nba record for team offensive rating. So yes i think harden would do well here. Do you realize harden is only taking 10 shots a game this year, and teams are still defending and guarding him like he is houston harden, and he is punishing these double teams with his playmaking, harden currently has one of the highest net ratings in the nba since westbrick was BENCHED oops i mean "sacrificed"

ramotadab likes this.
  18. StroudAndYorDaddy

lol im not really a fan of this rockets team tbh their style of play is very jeff van gundy-ish, none of the players on this rockets roster are generational to me. Sengun is being overrated not just by the garm here, but by the nba media. He won player of the week by averaging 24/7/2 lol, harden used to average 40 and they would give potw to someone like lamarcus aldridge or derozan( when he was on the spurs) for averaging 23/9 lol

Sorry if im not overly impressed with sengun as others are here, to me he is good not great

#678 StroudAndYorDaddy, Jan 13, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
    ramotadab likes this.
  19. WestendMassive

Watching the replay now and I'm so glad I took the young fellas to the beach this morning instead of watching this live

Quarter 1 we were right there
    Quarter 2 the refs ****ed us over
    Quarter 3 absolute destruction by Boston
    Quarter 4 Jayson Tantrum lol

P.S. the refs are assholes. As soon as Ed Malloy got on the mic with his Boston accent on the early review I knew we were ****ed.

P.P.S the beach was ****ing magic this morning wish u were here
    [​IMG]

tagedieb, comrade, Roomba and 3 others like this.
  20. WestendMassive

He destroyed both his ankles playing for Australia in the offseason. Tried to come back too early from the first one to play in the World Cup and 30 seconds into his first game back he did a real gnarly ankle roll on the other one. Hasn't had any explosiveness since

Patience, Roomba and ramotadab like this.