1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2023 NFL Draft/1-2] C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2023.

?

Do you like the selection of C.J. Stroud?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2023.
  1. YES

84.4%
  2. NO

15.6%
  1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

2. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Texans hit the Powerball lotto with this pick. What a breath of fresh air after having a creep/perv representing our city. So glad he is Cleveland's problem now.

3Rings and Fulgore like this.
  3. StroudAndYorDaddy

its not really a black and white thing per se, as the nfl has no problem letting biracial black pocket passers have long careers. Its more of the nfl will only allow fully black qbs to play in the nfl if they play the way that the nfl wants them to play( which is running around and being "exciting" like justin fields or lamar jackson.) Deshaun watson was beloved when he was running around extending plays, as was rg3.. but as soon as rg3 told the washington commanders that he wanted to play from the pocket to avoid another serious injury(his career was over instantly as well).

Its the style of qbing im reffering too, its a very nuanced subject that i actually made a video about on youtube right after the texans/jags rig job

So people calling me racist, have no idea what they are talking about. Im a huge fan of white pocket passers/ asian pocket passers/ latino pocket passers. race doesnt matter. I just hate the fact that fully black qbs are forced to have to play a certain way when other races do not. Why was jacoby brisett on the bench this year when the previous szn stepping in for the then suspended deshaun watson he was top 10 in epa/play, 12th in cpoe and top 8 in espns qbr metric. Its stuff like that which i am talking about, all the garbage qbs that played this year due to injury and the vikings went out and traded for josh dobbs because they didnt want brissett or winston throwing to justin jefferson therefore making kirk cousins expendable

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

What records is geno challenging because he had one good season last year? What happens if the next coach still starts geno? Why were belichick and vrabel pushed out?

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Jacoby is a runner, which you hate. He’s a direct counter to the “point” you’re trying to make

GOATuve likes this.
  7. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Don't help him. At this point it's comical

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yes #7 will make it 7

red5rocket likes this.
  10. StroudAndYorDaddy

geno smith was not supposed to get a 2nd bite at the apple as a starter in the nfl. Pete Carroll like with Andy Reid are one of the few white coaches in the nfl that can look past race of their starting qb and leader of their team. Geno was supposed to have been out of the league years ago, Him winding up on the seahawks and actually being put around a coaching staff that played to his strengths was something the nfl was not perpared for.

Geno smith would have easily eclipsed 4k yards passing again this season but he was playing through injury and had to miss 2 games.. So yes geno is a good player, contrast that with how he was treated back as a rookie and his entire tenure with the jets. Geno got death threats from the new york giants fanbase when he was named the starter after eli manning was BENCHED.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...eceived-death-threat-son-replaced-eli-manning

#3950 StroudAndYorDaddy, Jan 12, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't trust the NFL either. All I know is that I love CJ as a person and a player. If the NFL is messing with "black" or any players at any position, it is just horribly wrong. The owners can deal with this. The "league" works for them.

12. StroudAndYorDaddy

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The NFL has met its match with CJ. He's too skilled, too composed, too popular, etc. They have never had a QB with CJ's combination of skills on and off the field. And he puts his Christianity on his chest which wins many folks over who follow football.

14. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

This guy is the total package. He is going to take football in Houston to new heights.

Zen Tabak and crose like this.
  15. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

But why does the nfl that Seattle has an ok starting qb? They let rus play there for years! Idk why they turned off rus being good

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Ignore the trolls lol. The victim complex is insane

GOATuve and Blatz like this.
  17. StroudAndYorDaddy

I wouldn’t necessarily call Wilson a true drop back pocket passer. But yes I’ve always been perplexed at how Russell Wilson seemingly was not or never really sabotaged in anyway outside of that fluky superbowl goal line int. But for the most part Russell Wilson had been allowed to play his entire career without sabotage from the nfl. It didn’t shock me that he and Sean Peyton clashed. Sean Peyton has always come off to me as a closet bigot, this dude is probably the only coach in the nfl that would put a former #1 overall pick in a training camp qb competition with taysom hill smh.

Sean left jameis after he tore his acl and at that time of that injury, Jameis Winston was 2nd in the entire nfl in espn qbr, was 1st in td passes and 3rd behind Brady and rodgers in epa per dropback. Winston was 27 at the time of that injury so why would Sean Peyton walk away from that, unless he never really wanted to coach Winston. It wouldn’t shock me if Sean Peyton knew before he even took the broncos job that Wilson wasn’t gonna be his guy. Colin cowherd and Sean Peyton are close and cowherd would always gives subtle hints that even despite the winning streak that Peyton was not a fan of Russell Wilson. Wilson should have stayed with Pete Carroll honestly. Because sometimes the best moves we make are the ones we don’t

#3957 StroudAndYorDaddy, Jan 12, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
  18. conquistador#11

Easterby watching the final 30 seconds of this worthy interview:

[​IMG]

Tfor3, Scarface281 and Fulgore like this.
  19. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

So, "all cj's weapons" are in on it as well. Not to mention CJ himself. Got it.

cmoak1982 and GOATuve like this.
  20. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

The most important part of conspiracies is arriving at the predetermined conclusion at all costs.

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson and cmoak1982 like this.