1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Tari & Brooks get healthy, there is a big decision to make

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jim1961, Jan 12, 2024.

?

Do we...

1. Move Green to a 6th man role and let Cam start

17.7%
  2. Keep Green as a starter, but give Cam all of Tate's minutes

58.1%
  3. Let Cam play on a situational basis off the bench, short leash for Green & Tate

22.6%
  4. Keep the rotation as it was before the injuries, give Tate & Green a bit more time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Send Cam back to G-league

1.6%
  6. Other (explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I want to see Cam get more minutes. I do not want to see him starting yet though given his tunnel vision on offense and general stupidity on team defense.

Bo6 likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's no worse than JG on defense if folks are being honest

clutchdabear likes this.
  3. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I am glad to see Cam coming on. We need the competition amongst our players for playing time. You either get better or play a backup role. Like Ime said when he got here, no handouts, earn it.

I do think it's time to move Tate. He served his purpose for us, let him go play a role for a better team. We can use that salary to find another young talent.

groovemachine likes this.
  4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Starting, not starting, I don’t care. He needs to play 20+ minutes a night at a minimum.

Mr.Scary and YOLO like this.
  5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Absolutely they need to run, run, and the run some more. If Jalen were on the bench along with Amen, Cam, and Tari we would probably have enough outside shooting to do ok in the half-court, but transition should be dominant.

Mathloom likes this.
  6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think Cam will get most if not all of Tate's minutes and he will start to eat into Jalen's minutes if Jalen continues to be Jalen.

Corrosion and Patience like this.
  7. Risingred

Risingred Member

I voted for moving Jalen to the bench and let Cam start. There are a few reasons. First, I'd like to know if Cam's production is sustainable with more playing time. Second, Jalen's ego is too big and sometimes he tries to do too much which hurt the team. Let him play the sixth man not only kill some of his ego, but he'd get more confident playing against the 2nd unit of the opposing team. Over there, Jalen will learn how to be a better distributor and a better floor general. Third, our second unit can play at a faster pace so we got more options against different matchups.

8. kpdark

kpdark Member

when Cam starts to eat SG minutes from Jalen

that's the time Jalen eats away PG minutes from FVV

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

We dont want Cam's ego to explode either ;)

Risingred likes this.
  10. Risingred

Risingred Member

Very true. The advantage Cam has over Jalen is that Cam is a 20th pick and he still got time. However, like you said, we could alleviate one problem and create another bigger problem.

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

When Jalen eats PG minutes from Fred that's the time Fred eats coaching minutes from the Udoker.

Corrosion likes this.
  12. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

I say its a good problem to have. Let management and coach figure it out.

That said it would be nice to get a legit backup center. Sucks Rockets weren't able to land Brook.

Otherwise, I love the roster. I believe Rockets just need to let this group bake. Will be a bonafide contender in about 2 to 3 years.

13. plegus

plegus Member

I dont agree but ROFL.

14. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Situational with Cam and Tate sharing the minutes until a trade/injury occurs. Tate brings a lot on defense and Cam brings a lot on offense.

15. MystikArkitect

Give Cam all of Tate's minutes and keep a leash on Green. If he starts a game inefficient then play Cam. If Cam is scoring keep Cam in.

Green better as **** show out today against a depleted Pistons squad. If he keeps getting outplayed by Cam then the decision becomes much more clear moving forward.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not want to associate eating with that rotation mess.......

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tate, JG and Holiday will all lose minutes to Cam. Maybe Amen too. Not difficult for Udoka to figure out. It depends on matchups and who is playing well.

When Tate is soon traded, that will clear the logjam enough.

No need to start Cam or Tari because we need productivity from the bench and they are good at it. If JG completely collapses like in December, Cam is the mostly likely to move into a starters role IMO.

After Brooks and Tari get their legs and rhythm back, it's gonna be fun seeing who gets to close, which is the important thing.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Imagine worrying about Tate trade value. Lol