1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sydmill, Nov 17, 2023.

1. raining threes

They're really good players, I guess you trust them to stay healthy and I don't. I don't really trust guys that have been around for awhile can't stay healthy and then stay healthy in their contract years.

everyday eddie likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't trust anyone to stay healthy on this team after this year. We have guys who missed multiple games at every position. Many missed more than 4 games, and a few got hurt again and again after already missing games. Nobody can guarantee any player won't get hurt again, and that includes some of our best players like CJ, Tank Dell, Collins, Anderson, and some of our best Offensive linemen. Like I said, he only missed 3 more games in 3 years as Nico Collins. People say our offensive line isn't a priority in the draft because we had so many guys hurt who will be healthy next year. We don't know they won't get hurt again. I do know it's our weakest part of the team. I want CJ to get much better protection, and more time to let plays develop. Nobody knows Chris Jones will stay healthy either with age. I'd love to get him regardless.

#302 deb4rockets, Jan 11, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

By far the most important FA for the Texans to lock up is Kai, can't let him get away.

4. Qan

Qan Member

Any other kicker out there?

5. conquistador#11

raining threes likes this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

I prefer talent and depth on the lines, it's an even longer season now.

7. raining threes

Yep, nobody knows anything.

Getting more weapons will help put more points on the board which will help the chances of winning.

I look at this years injuries to the ol as an outlier. I hope they go BPA in rds 1-2.

8. raining threes

How much depth do they need and who would you upgrade from?

9. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Sheldon Rankins -> Christian Wilkins

Draft developmental OT and DT for further depth.

10. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Just saw Saquon would be available. Not sure what kinda offers he’s gonna get but if he’s down to take a discount to play for an up and coming team and talented offense, he’d be wise to look in our direction. Plus, he’s one of my favorite players.

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Quite a few of us like Saquon. He fits perfectly within the offense. The only thing is the biggest thing....money!

He's already pissed with the Giants about it. They plan on franchise tagging him again. I don't think he's taking a discount unless he just isn't getting any offers.

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

the NFL salary cap, Its not like the NBA or MLB, when you can just pay a fine or a luxury tax for going over the salary cap, in the NFL, you can lose draft picks, or that big contract can be voided, and cant sign more free agents, in that offseason.

astros123, Qan and deb4rockets like this.
  13. Qan

Qan Member

Texans not signing Saquon. If they're looking to upgrade, go after Swift, he'll probably cheaper than Saquon. Again, health is a potential issue. I think Ekeler would be cheaper also.

Fulgore and dmoneybangbang like this.
  14. raining threes

You dont really believe this do you and that's putting aside Rankins injury history?

15. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Believe what? Question was what position could be upgraded and Wilkins is a significant upgrade on Rankins, particularly in run defense, and worth the increased contract that would be required.

I think they should also draft Tytus’s future replacement (~2 years down the road) in this draft.

16. Qan

Qan Member

Wilkins is also a good one and probably a little cheaper than Jones. I'll be happy with either.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Forgot swift was free.

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I agree on Howard and to lesser extent on Tunsil. I think the draft is the best way to build your offensive line. Howard gets hurt a lot. I’m more and more in the bpa excluding qb and rb in this draft. I would use FA to fill starter position(s) we are lacking like safety and another defensive end or grennard, wr if you don’t get one in the first round.

19. raining threes

Rankins is greater than Wilkins.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not any that could compete with Kai, but I think the Texans lock him up without too much drama