1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 1/10/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2024.

1. PWR

PWR Member

All I know is Tari has a leg injury from preseason that keeps flaring up and Dillon had some kind of abdominal injury a while ago. I have no clue when they're supposed to be back. Rockets keeping it pretty hush hush.

ramotadab likes this.
  2. plegus

plegus Member

POST OF THE DAY @sirjesse

3. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I definitely would have to watch a replay, but watching live it looked like Cam was hacked on the dunk attempt. Rockets just started trying too late in the game and Alpi was amazing but talked a little too much **** a little too early.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So is Udoka winning in Boston....

ramotadab likes this.
  5. Newlin

Newlin Member

He runs fast and he jumps high.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't think anyone is to blame. The thing is you can't go to your center and make him drive from the 3 point line every possession in OT, Sengun was pretty gassed. Sengun made some really tough shots that wouldn't be considered good shots.

I think Green, FVV and Cam all got good looks, but they all missed and Lavine and Coby hit theirs so that was game.

cryout75, ramotadab, IvanLCPM and 7 others like this.
  7. Sengun

Sengun Member

Since you didn't watch the game, you would have seen that there was almost no Sengun-FVV play in the first half and Sengun closed the first half with 0 points.

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Hes pretty damn good at everything except shooting. Him and jeff green were the only two players tonight with a positive +-

WestendMassive and OremLK like this.
  9. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Cam needs more minutes
    Bari needs more shots ( did he only shoot the shot at the end of regulation ?)
    FVV needs to shoot less (7 of 19, especially from three... 3 of 14).
    Brooks and Tari need to come back post haste
    We. need a back up center and shooter
    Damn good close in the 4th

10. Mr. Space City

Amen Thompson is now 4/26 on the season from 3.

PWR likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would say that's more from limited minutes and playing against opponent's bench.

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It is a real worry. Especially for someone who supposedly has one actual positive skill - scoring the basketball.

You see players work on a particular move in an off-season. Come back next year with it in their bag.

It is really concerning that he's in year 3 and still has not improved at this. Does he not recognise he's terrible at it? Does he not work on it?

I remember a weekend trial for the state team - where a large chunk of one morning was spent on guards continuously driving against defenders/brooms/long objects in varying positions - the driver each time needing to contort their body and learn different angles to get the shot off successfully.

How is this guy in the NBA - his THIRD year in the NBA with several off-seasons now - and he still hasn't developed this touch?

It's honestly quite pathetic.

(and that's only accounting for the times he has held onto the ball and hasn't lost it when he's tried to penetrate)

13. conquistador#11

FVV went 3-14 from threes. How many times will that happen? Not many. Sucks it had to be today. Honestly it didn't feel like he took so many. 7 at most I thought.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He has "potential."

WestendMassive likes this.
  15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Here’s my perspective on it, Jalen had some really dumb jumping contests in the first half, but in the second half he was solid on defense and shared the ball well.

You know how high I am on Cam, but his defense was absolutely terrible in overtime, both on and off-ball to the point that he was being attacked by an ice cold Derozan (in which he made Derozan pass out, once again flashing his potential on that end). The sad truth of the matter to me is that I don’t think Cam’s basketball reads are much better than Rookie Jalen’s, but he has a way stronger frame and a smoooooth shot.

If anything this game proved that they can play together. Cam’s aggression can mitigate some of Jalen’s lack of it and because the best perimeter defender is usually on Jalen, Cam will feast on weaker defenders—and vice-versa depending on matchups.

It doesn’t have to be either/or. Why not have both?

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Y'all are some grade A clowns praising Cam and bashing Green when Cam cost us the game in OT and not Green.

Green messed up that layup. Ok. There were a couple more mins who kept taking shots from Alpi and bricking after that?

ramotadab, BigMaloe and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. WestendMassive

Sneak peak at the Rockets' next lottery pick
    [​IMG]

Deckard likes this.
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think Handles first before anything, Jalen is becoming a pretty decent passer, but you can't pass when lose your dribble half of the time. If he doesn't get stripped, overall the offense looks better.

ramotadab, BigMaloe and Roomba like this.
  19. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Thanks..what's his issue ?

20. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Easy said:
    Sengun scored 25 points after Tate was benched.

upload_2024-1-11_12-4-48.jpeg

Easy, BigMaloe, Roomba and 3 others like this.