1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 1/5/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

He's had several good games that we won.

Sacramento, LA, Dallas, Detroit to name a few.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenja05/gamelog/2024

Best player on the court vs Lakers in that 1st game.

Don't get me wrong, he's struggled no doubt, but he's had some good ones. Will be interesting to see how his game progresses in the 2nd half of the season. Still learning the new system.

And you know he's still just 21. :cool::D:cool:

For another month!

2. CRocket82

CRocket82 Member

The Timberwolves are a very good basketball team. In that respect, the performance wasn't that bad in my opinion.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Here's the thing, you're just looking at offense though, while last night he did have 20 points on 16 shot attempts good for a 56.3% TS%....which is a step in the right direction even though it's still not what you really want.....on defense he was terrible.

According to NBA.com, Jalen gave up 25 points on defense...and players were shooting 71.4% from the field on him and 66.7% from 3 on him.

That's why it's weird to me that his super fans are out here celebrating as if he did something good.

I get that they are just desperate for any halfway decent performance given how bad he's been this year but celebrating when he's part of the reason the team got blown out is a bad look.

He's not alone, most players looked bad last night.

Sengun and Jeff Green gave up a combined 47 points.

The good thing is that no one is saying those guys played well.

Antares and Believe It! like this.
  4. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

FYI I'm not a Jalen Super Fan. A Rockets Fan. Having said that I definitely am hoping he continues to get better especially on defense AND efficiency. Two biggest things he's GOT to improve on. Technically yes they all need to get better. That's what the new coaching staff is for.

As far as Jalen there are times he shows improvement on that end, but then he goes back to looking a little lost out there. Has got to be more consistent and I think that will come with discipline.

Again, I'm looking forward to the rest of the year to see what he does. What they all do

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It wasn't a direct accusation, I was just explaining why I'm not exactly thrilled by the performance last night.

I'm willing to write it off as a game against a really bad matchup while missing 2 key players.

I really loved the 4 point play by Jalen and he had a few very nice drives where he actually finished well, so it's not like I'm saying it was all bad, but as a Rockets fan, I'm not exactly happy when the team gets completely blown out and embarrassed.

Also, Cam and Amen looked REALLY bad for most of the game.

Cam needs to not handle the ball....basically at all. He needs to be a catch and shoot guy or a dunk guy.

Amen....is one of the worst shooters I've ever seen. Some of those shots looked like what I'd expect from a middle school B team bench player. He simply has to be essentially a million times better or he won't be around long.

There's not many positives to take away from last night....and we're likely to see a similar beat down tonight.....for those who aren't going to be watching the Texans instead.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Our team is too small.

invocux and Antares like this.
  7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Amen and Cam looked terrible.

Amen needs to be with Sullivan shooting 1000 jumpers 3 times a day. Seriously. It's really that bad.

Started wondering if the stories of Cam vaping out in the locker room before workouts with potential teams prior to the draft were true. Because he def looked like he'd been hitting the green pregame last night.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's just so incredibly raw when it comes to ball handling and passing. His athleticism is absurd and he's probably one of the most consistent shooters on the team....but his BBIQ seems fairly low which can be a problem.

Amen....it just seems like he has no natural feel for how to shoot a basketball. It's like if you ever had a friend who "throws like a girl", just no natural feel for what the mechanics of throwing a ball should be. It's something that 5 year old children can have, yet some will never have. When I tore up my right shoulder, I tried to learn how to throw left handed to continue playing baseball....Amen's shot looks EXACTLY like that.

That's why I'm not very optimistic about Amen ever becoming even a decent NBA caliber shooter.

Antares likes this.
  9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Here's to hoping they both pan out.

Sucks to watch the 3 first rd pks gone for nothing.

Not that they were worth anything.

Thx Stone!

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Those rumors were not about Cam, they were about GG Jackson.

11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

The ones I heard/read about were Cam.

Dudes have been smoking before, during and after games for years, but doing it in the locker room before a draft workout, I would think, suggest a huge lack in judgement. Maybe that's why he fell.

I'm not judging.

12. MystikArkitect

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. MystikArkitect

It's gotten that way with Jalen. I thought that with Ime in the fold he would improve. And he has defensively for the most part. And rebounding. But that's like...bare minimum. Celebrating stuff you're just supposed to do. Feels like it felt with KPj. If you squint hard enough you can see a player in there. But like Diane said in Bojack Horseman.

I'm tired of squinting.

Deckard likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How is Fred doing?
    Apparently, he's okay!

#1014 Deckard, Jan 6, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
  15. Strawberry Gum

Rockets were able to create a lot of open shots and couldn't cash most of them in. 37.5% from 3 doesn't seem like bad but it should've been better. It seemed like they would even out the lack of physicality that way. Unfortunately, this team has too many players who are liabilities behind the 3pt line without Brooks and Tari.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Two screens live or y’all recording Texans/Rockets?

17. Antares

Antares Member

1) Ant is way more physical than Jalen G.
    2) KAT is way more physical than Jabari (also Tate)

Just this made the biggest difference yesterday.

18. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Was not their game

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

wrong thread lol

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member