1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. tagedieb

tagedieb Member

[​IMG]
    easy there.. people are jumping the gun so fast these days..

he is double or triple teamed because of the way he plays.. You can't really double/triple team Giannis because he is shifty and extremely athletic.

Sengun takes his time and plays close to the basket, mostly back to basket, so it makes sense to double team him. Jokic also gets doubled/tripled every time he touches the ball, they play similar, both are hubs for their offenses.

I hope he becomes HoF one day, but let him become an all star first. He is not a lock this year.

Take a look at his. Which one would you pick for all star in the west? One can make a case for either, but if the first guy gets in, Sengun is most likely out.

[​IMG]
    https://ibb.co/bRMMtDW

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hahaha what in the world.

Jokic gets double teamed because he is literally the best basketball player alive haha.

Harden wasn't anywhere close to the basket when he spent god knows how long being double teamed the second he crossed halfcourt.

HardenReturns likes this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

This board baffles me at times. The poster asked which 21 yr old gets doubled/tripled teamed, and to downplay this fact, you bring up…Jokic, the best basketball player in the world?

Also, Giannis was the most doubled-teamed player last season. If he’s been doubled-teamed less this year (not sure), it’s because of Dame.

#9943 Houston77, Dec 27, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
  4. cumutk

cumutk Member

Thank you for your comment by talking about Jokic, world's without a doubt best player right now next to Sengun.
    We are not jumping any gun, but some fans are racists, not want to accept an European player can be your best player.
    Let me tell you dude and make it clearer, right now the best players in NBA are not American players.
    Look at who won MVP in last 4 or 5 years?
    Embiid,Giannis, Jokic, Doncic are the best players.
    I dont know if Alperen makes all star or not, it does Not change the reality he is this franchises biggest luck.
    We are just in the Rockets bandwagon and this kid deserves respect for his ambition, dedication to this team.
    The players who are nowhere in terms of talent near to him act, behave like basketball stars.
    This kid is not egoist, he is a good team member, he is Humble, what do you want more?
    You have one of the most offensive skilled centers in NBA history, just 21, young and wants to bring success to this team, and some of you?
    Are you sure that you all are Rockets fans or agents of other teams trolling here?
    Get the fck.. off..
    Sick of this toxic, garbage fanbase.

#9944 cumutk, Dec 27, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
    HardenReturns likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Bald Jim Carrey likes Sengun, too.

rfrocket, clos4life, Ardeus and 4 others like this.
  7. TimDuncanDonaut

Rick Carlisle was good in Ace Ventura.

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Goon's getting a lot of love lately on NBA Radio. Scalabrine is a big fan. Just discussed last night's game and on a night that Haliburton goes off and singlehandedly beats us, all they discussed was Goon.

Very Nice!

13 in 33, clos4life, Ardeus and 4 others like this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You can think whatever you want with regards to Jalen Green and whether he is or isn't a good player.

But when you sit back and listen to what opposing players/coaches/commentators say about Sengun, and the way they say it.

As opposed to what opposing players (don't think I've heard much at all of this) / coaches (nor this) / commentators say about Green, it's jarring.

And then the times you hear the commentators say something about Green it's how amazing he is as a scorer and that's it.... proving they never actually watch the Rockets.

cml750 likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this should be a sticky

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some said the same things about Jalen when he was scoring 40 or 30.......I mean yeah I would not take everything they say 100% at face value......

The difference is what I see on the court and there Sengün is 2+ tiers better than Jalen Green.

cml750 likes this.
  13. TimDuncanDonaut

Doing my part to get it to page 500 before end of the year.

[​IMG]

14. Tempington

Tempington Member

I love how Tari bounces off from chest bump

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. cumutk

cumutk Member

I am saying today, the shark..
    Right now... None.

16. the shark

the shark Member

You said, and I quote, "after Hakeem, Sengun is the most dominant big player in Rockets history".

So again I'll ask you have you ever heard of Moses Malone?? Obviously not because if you did you wouldn't be spewing this nonsense. Big MO won not one, not two, but three MVP (two with the Rockets) and is a HOF and one of the greatest to ever play the game.

So maybe you should not speak of things you know nothing about because you're showing your ignorance.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Consider Rockets had 3 time MVP Moses Malone, who took Rockets to the Finals over Showtime Lakers. And Hall of Famer & title winner Elvin Hayes who averaged 27 pts 16 rbs his first 4 years with Rockets. Led league in scoring as a rookie, lead league in rebounding the following year.

Sengun does have good trajectory as 21 year old. And thankfully a good coach now. The others had successes after age 22-23. Hayes didnt have good teams. So Sengun can be a solid #3 big with some deep playoffs runs, no shame in that. Looking to be most dominant big SINCE Hakeem, yes

clos4life, cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Agree he is on a great trajectory. I wouldn't put a ceiling on him, though. Obviously crowning him to be better than Moses Malone, let alone Hakeem, is way premature. But honestly, the sky is the limit for him. Best case scenario, he can become a more athletic Jokic, with the full trust of his coaches and "front office", and with the right teammates around him.

13 in 33 and cml750 like this.
  19. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

The fact that Silas is on the NBA record losing streak while Sengun is shining under his new coach says a lot. A lot

Shark44, 13 in 33, Ardeus and 5 others like this.
  20. invocux

invocux Member

He changed his ft routine and he's been looking very good at ft line since then. When it's all said and done i think he will be a very good ft shooter. Around .80.