1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 12/26/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure that that was a foul by Turner on Alpi, but not only that, it was also goaltending, because he shook the rim. Pretty sure that contributed to the ball bouncing out.

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

She also has an ugly neck tattoo.

WestendMassive likes this.
  3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Is Sengun a superstar?

I’m not talking about the overused version of the term “superstar” - I mean a LEGIT #1 option on a title team? It really feels like he’s headed in that direction

Sonicbun8, cumutk, JayGoogle and 3 others like this.
  4. kokozo

kokozo Member

I think after blocking a shot, you are allowed to hit the rim.

5. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

There are better ways to criticize someone's performance! Don't be a ****in sexist. Why don't you go back to kitchen?

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'd argue it was the other way around.

Old School74 likes this.
  7. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

He goin out sad mane, I feel the dude has no heart. You let Aaron Holliday take your minutes smh....

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Hield was 4 of 14 for 28.6% and 3 of 11 for 27.3% on 3's.

Jalen was 2 of 7 for 28.6%...2 less makes on 7 less shots. And, no he didn't play well for sure. But, be careful what you ask for.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The video is very short and plays very fast, but it looks like Turner hits the rim and that causes the ball to bounce out. You can see how the whole rim shakes and the net moves. The ball was already in the cylinder.

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I noticed that too - once again the Rockets never get the respect they deserve. The only person that I think has given us any respect is ESPN’s Zack Lowe who has called Sengun a burgeoning superstar.

rfrocket and evo8lover like this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If this is a Jeopardy game, than:

Things Opposing Coaches Say When Losing To The Rockets for $800

Roomba and maypk like this.
  12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Smarter words have never been said my friend!!! I have multiple threads saying as much.

El_Conquistador likes this.
  13. elvis

elvis Member

I was at the game tonight. I’ve always been a Jalen supporter, but he was just not trying to make anything happen out there. And it’s not a coincidence that the Pacers went on big runs when he was in the game. If Jalen isn’t scoring, he rarely impacts the game any other way. For the first time, I’m starting to wonder if he’s going to make it. Still hope he does. The Rockets really need a shooting guard to pair with Alpi.

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Missed calls aside... how the hell was Jalen -19 in 19min?? This dude is hopeless.

Ime starting him is just a formality at this point because Eason is gonna gobble up all his minutes sooner or later.

Jokic got lucky that he had a robin in Murray helping him because Jokic with the rest of the Nuggets are still trash. Sengun doesn't have a robin to his batman right now and we definitely need to find one through trades if we aren't tanking anymore.

Sonicbun8 and JayGoogle like this.
  15. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

We need to trade Jalen for two second rounders like we did to my boy KMJ!!!

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

edit wrong thread

17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Elvis, we have a shooting guard and his name is Cam Whitmore. Reality is nobody wants Jalen as he sucks on defense and can’t dribble. Turnover prone passer too. Best to cut bait and move on. Keep hom if he’ll take a KPJ type contract, but my inner circle tells me his agents want max money at contract time as he’s been the face of the franchise.

Sonicbun8 and DaDakota like this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm disappointed, but not mad about the loss. I'm more mad about some of the blatant fouls on Fred and Sengun that were ignored. I was actually glad to see Green finally come out of a game early, so that was my secret win in our loss.

It's tough to beat a team who is so hot at the 3's that they score 57 PTS from behind the arc. Haliburton hit 2 more 3's than our entire team. We only hit 5 threes the entire game, and our starters only hit 1 three PT shot. That might be a Rockets franchise low for a starting unit.

Just a great performance from our bench players once again. I love those guys! They are so much fun to watch. Their gritty get in your face defense, along with good shooting was my favorite part of the game besides Sengun.

Sengun put everything he had into tonight's game, both offensively and defensively. I loved how he fought for every shot and was able to draw the fouls and make those free throws. Add in 16 rebounds and 4 steals, and he was in beast mode!

20. WestendMassive