1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Zack Snyder’s Rebel Moon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Aug 22, 2023.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

100% ass......

DD

2. Buck Turgidson

That's a whole lotta ass

DD

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I kept remarking throughout the movie how unfortunate D+ big budget shows had god awful writing that desensitized the audience to the expensive amount of eye candy they were throwing at us.

If this came out pre-covid, it wouldnt be as bad of a waste due to the FX. Having that ninja chick dual wield lig...uhhh melty-hot-metal sabe...uh swords and other off beat homages to SW really made me think the suits at Netflix were desperate for some of that counter programming.

tinman likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Key info:

Snyder has been vocal about there being an existence of an extended cut of the film that’s not suitable for younger viewers. He has revealed that Netflix asked him to make a longer version of the film, and he said the result is “almost like a different movie”.

He told AP: “It’s not an ‘extended cut’ of thismovie – it’s almost a different universe that [the new cut] lives in than this movie.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-.../rebel-moon-zack-snyder-netflix-b2469471.html

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Watched it on Sunday, I'm usually pretty forgiving of Snyder but man this was just bad. A cheap Seven Samurai/Star Wars knock off with some very uninteresting characters. I didn't really think the visuals were all that great this time around either, only sequence that was vaguely fun was the fight with the spider woman for me.... D

tinman likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm tired of this dude getting extended cuts of all his movies to make them good.

@Jontro
    what's it going to show? Michael Jackson destroying a car and then turning into a panther?

Jontro likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Do it have multiverse?

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Watching it you can tell almost immediately how this was a pitch for a new Star Wars movie. Just change the character and planet names and bam, you have Star Wars Episode VII instead of Force Awakens. Thankfully, I'm glad he never got his hands on Star Wars. It has potential but it's wasted on boring characters and bad acting, dumb plot points, lazy, incessant slow-motion action, and CGI and set design that feels too fake to really enjoy. Lot's of borrowed material that I wouldn't mind so much if he gave us something compelling to watch. The first Avatar is Pocahontas and Fern Gully, but dammit if I didn't love the spectacle. Rebel Moon, or Seven Samurai in Space, has hardly any interesting protagonists because you know almost nothing about them.

So if the director's cut is his real vision, then just give us that in the first place. Netflix has produced hard R and lengthy movies in the past, why is this situation be any different? Because it's Snyder? C'mon.

And Part 2 basically looks like the Battle of Helms Deep or Battle of Endor, but makes zero strategic sense from the Motherworld. In fact, the whole intention of the "Motherwold" makes zero strategic sense.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Man it was so bad and disjointed from the beginning that the thought of pt2 was giving me a hernia from the groaning.

Ofc since it was snyder, he has the arteesanal directors cut that doubles the playtime

So like this guy has at least 4x the story that no one could comprehend or care with the final version and couldnt figure out what to do to make it coherent or enjoyble narrative-wise in two hours.

What a spaceX caliber shipwreck with nuclear cargo.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

They need grain

11. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm missing motivation for the Empire being an ass, wanting the grain, and for the farmers not just taking the good deal when they had already been selling to begin wit. So quite a bit of dumbassery. The acting was solid. No problem with the casting. But the character motivations seemed to be missing.

Rocket River likes this.
  12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

So you would destroy the farmlands that supply that grain? Or you would just plunder every world for resources rather than seek to control it, like the Empire did. Seems dumb.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I need someone to explain the final battle to me
    Why THE F*** would you give the farmer a chance to release the main prisoner
    . . . in fact why was he given a gun to shoot her????
    Once they were all caught and then escaped. . . . ..
    it was sooo eye rolling and incredibly stupid even by stupid villian standards

I won't even try to understand how he survived
    I thought he was about to get his own Vader suit

One More Thing
    All of this is to defend 1 village . . .. . on some backwater planet.

Dude just bashing folx with his space-Shillelagh LOL

Rocket River

GRENDEL likes this.
  14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trailer already up for part 2:

IBTL and dmoneybangbang like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Re spoiler: Sharks with frickin lasers moment.

The movie Soldier with Kurt Russell did this movies first half better with the world building(lack of) and what not to waste time on.

Rocket River likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

Not great.... not terrible....

Definitely full of plot holes and didn't really introduce a single character that I cared about.... but I really enjoyed the visuals and there was an absurdity that I appreciated.

Buck Turgidson and clos4life like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Zombie Space Nazi is gonna be running around the sequel saying "GRAAAAAAIIIINS"

This movie was ridiculous.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. droxford

droxford Member

Awful. Stopped watching about 3/4 of the way through.

Boring. Cliché. Predictable. Uninteresting. Unoriginal.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I think my wife and I are the only ones on this BBS that actually liked the movie. We enjoyed it, haha.

Jontro likes this.
  20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Only way I finished this clumsy, cliched movie was to watch it in pieces over 5 days. I don't see how anyone with a brain could watch it straight through.

The "so bad it's good" concept does not apply. Trust me.