1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Smith Jr. is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Jul 7, 2023.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Why he is not getting .ore touches is beyond me! I've been saying since SL, he is going to be the franchise.

He can do it all.

clos4life, Jontro and anthony59237 like this.
  2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Just going to say, Tari is really close to being a 20/10 guy with 2-3 stocks that can guard 4 positions if he can keep his energy up for 30 mpg.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The handle for Jabari will probably always prevent him from being even above average in the realm of creating for others. However, I am pretty optimistic that there is a path for him to score 20 to 25 points per game pretty efficiently. In fact, I would like to see more shots go to him immediately.

4. invocux

invocux Member

He looks less stiff attacking to the rim. There's more fluidity in his movement.

ilias, IvanLCPM, clos4life and 14 others like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Bari and Sengun both look like the future core of this team.

I hope Tari can keep up his place when he returns or Jalen can...completely flip his shooting.

Boii, clos4life, Easy and 1 other person like this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

Got to the line again today. Less. But got there. Positive sign. If he can climb to 5FT a night that would be a major change in production.

Nook likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

I know some people say he looks less stiff - but I think it is that he has more confidence and as a result isn’t hesitating.

While Smith isn’t an athlete like Amen or Cam - he is still a pretty good athlete for someone with his type of game.

If he starts getting to the line 5-6 times a game, and they isolate him a few more times in the block - he could score over 20 points a game.

8. Dredd

Dredd Member

Good test tomorrow vs real players / good defense.

anthony59237 likes this.
  9. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

But, but... “we have to trade Jabari while he has some trade value!”

If it depended on some idiots who write here, this 20-year-old guy wouldn't be on the team a long time ago.

The idiocy of some fans and their little knowledge of this sport are surprising.

Little Bit and DatRocketFan like this.
  10. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Jabari isn't an explosive, highlight reel generating sort of athlete, but he moves really well and is very well-coordinated--which is rarer that it seems for someone who's 6'10-6'11!

He also has a great attitude, I know people get on him for barking at his teammates a lot, but when he gets yelled at back he doesn't seem to mind either. He's a tough kid and I truly think out of everyone in his draft class, Jabari will end up having the most to offer to a contending team.

clos4life, Boii, YOLO and 10 others like this.
  11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I love our front court of Sengun and Smith. They can play of each other and grow together. I wat SMith to get some of the plays that are currently run for Green.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

You can see the confidence growing. All the tools he needs to be the excellent 2 way player we hoped have been on display.

He still needs to fill out his grown man weight because he gets knocked off his spot too easily right now, but aside from that reps and confidence are all he needs.

Boii, Hakeemtheking and A_3PO like this.
  13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Can't wait until they start feeding Jabari, the man is going to be like Dirk with defense.

Arnel, Boii and anthony59237 like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is coming along.

16. NewAge

NewAge Member

He’ll never look as coordinated as a top 6-5’ wing, but length is a quality in itself. Look at Giannis’ drives - super clunky, but super threatening nevertheless.

Jabari has the tools to develop a superb offensive package - putting it on the floor, turnarounds, face-ups, spot-ups… Lethality, even without much sauce…

subtomic, Denovo, Boii and 3 others like this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think Chet will be the best player in this draft IF HE CAN STAY HEALTHY. But Jabari has a high ceiling too. Once his body matures and learns the fine points of the craft, he can be one of the elite two-way players in the league.

Roomba likes this.
  18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Chet's had a historically good start, and to be honest I'm happy for him after people were ripping into him for getting hurt in his first summer in that slippery-ass gym.

Not saying that he's not an injury risk but he looks great so far

clos4life, Easy and daywalker02 like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There are couple of guys I like that might get better. Those are for the long haul, Chet is obviously the guy that pops from the start but we play the long game.

I just think the smaller guys have an advantage when it comes to averaging numbers other than rebounds.

Jalen Williams in OKC
    Shaedon Sharpe
    Mathurin
    Jalen Duren
    Tari Eason

Roomba likes this.
  20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

What’s interesting about this class is each of the top 3 teams, potentially, got exactly what they needed. The Magic needed a second scoring option to complement Franz, the Thunder needed a franchise bigman to complement their guards, and we needed a rangy forward with a nice shooting stroke to complement Sengun.

CarlosGM and Easy like this.