1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 12/22/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 21, 2023.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

To be fair, I'm sure the tacos down there are fire, so it's not a complete loss

2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think realistically Cam is not quite as NBA ready as he looked this game. He struggles with reading the game and is still a little Josh Christopher-y on offense.

That said, he is a phenomenal athlete who is also a willing defender, and his body is already super developed for someone who isn’t turning 20 until next July.

I guarantee that if he gets put into the starting lineup he’ll lose all the goodwill we’ve accumulated towards him in about…3 games max. But his potential is through the roof and I think he should start with eating some of the bench minutes. To be honest, Jae’sean has been struggling a lot and FVV needs about 3-4 less minutes a game. I don’t see why those minutes can’t be Cam’s to take

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe I was also too focused on the Body is Ready part that I overlooked many other things......

Patience, Dredd and Roomba like this.
  4. Victorious

Victorious Member

this crossover into a euro from amen is one of the sickest moves i've seen :eek:

5. conquistador#11

Sacrifices have to be made. I'm willing to sacrifice 7 minutes from FVV, 6 minutes from Holiday, 7 minutes from Tate, 1 minute from Green, Alpi, Jabari and Villain
    That frees up 24 minutes for the rooks.

don grahamleone and Jontro like this.
  6. Dredd

Dredd Member

Cam Whitmore should just be the fitness trainer for this team.

Sengun, Bari and Green have no muscle definition.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's a shame even when Sengun is absolutely balling, he still can't get more shot attempts than Jalen 'miss them when it's a game but score when it's a blowout' Green.

Don't like Amen's handle at the moment at pace, love his movement and decision making in the heart of the defense when he's at a more composed speed. Couple of really, really, really nice moves in the 4th.

Crashlanded19, Holybats and OremLK like this.
  8. conquistador#11

Tokyo-drift step

Victorious and Dredd like this.
  9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I said it in the whitmore thread but I dont think Cam needs to show much more than he has. I think him not being in the rotation has everything to do with so many vets in front of him.

Plowman likes this.
  10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I guarantee he wouldnt.

:eek:

11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I hate to say it and I so hope I am wrong but rockets success is a fools gold.

They have gotten lucky in playing teams battling injuries and I think that has inflated their win total. They played sac twice without fox, denver twice without murray, Lakers without davis, Memphis without ja and now dallas without luka

I credit them for winning those games but they are not as good as their record indicates.

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

they've beaten denver WITH murray

Scarface281, Arnel, ramotadab and 6 others like this.
  13. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

25 cent bet in the tip jar :mad:

My guarantees are just as reliable as Charles Barkley’s, you better watch out

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If talented rookies are not allowed to have those shots, they won't get well developed. Come on, he just missed, I believe he will make them next time. Those shots are 3x better than Green's.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Hmm, maybe some truth to this. But aside from that, our schedule has been pretty rough on paper. Lots of contenders. We have a good number of games against bad teams coming up.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

They’ve come off among the worst 3 year stretches in league history. I hope you’re able to enjoy this because the improvement is absolutely amazing to me given the starting place.

Scarface281, OremLK, Arnel and 10 others like this.
  17. MadMax

I don’t know which of you is right but there’s nothing that would keep me from seeing on Cam. If I’m wrong, oh well…I’m not really concerned with the opportunity cost

eliefor3 likes this.
  18. conquistador#11

Past 3 seasons team played us with Silas and the WoW lineup. They would even beat us with their stars missing. Not apologizing. Maybe stay healthy.

19. MadMax

Muck the Favericks

ramotadab, NewAge and Hippieloser like this.
  20. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think regardless of which of us is correct about Cam at this moment, we both have very very high hopes in him and believe in his game.

It's a miracle that he fell to us in the first place, just for that I was already happy about our offseason. And now with all of our new guys (sans Landale) performing at or above expectations, it's been a wonderful season so far.

I had us penciled in for like 30 wins this year. We're already halfway there, pretty much, and it's only December!