1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The State of the G.A.R.M.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jim1961, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I need to see that video. It had better be the most dominant game of 21 ever recorded or he'll never live it down

napalm06 and Verbal Christ like this.
  2. IVFL

IVFL Member

I had a run in with him where he said either follow him or he wont listen to me and ban me. I accused him of chasing followers and not being serious about discussing basketball. He continued to threaten to ban me and I told him to ban away and enjoy the vacuum he is creating with no real thought or insight.

I firmly believe that some of these Rockets twitter "experts" are really just chasing engagement and nothing else. That's why Jalen Green is in every post, its a polarizing topic that increases engagement. They have nothing constructive or insightful to say just complaints.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Precisely, I feel very strongly about this new business model of paying for your experience, or for free2play fans, just sticking with normal features.

It has become a consumer's realm which I am okay with if I can pony up some dollars.

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

This forum is supposed to be about discussion on Rockets basketball. The issue is when people respond to any difference in opinion with disrespect, rudeness, and condescension e.g. Bobby the Great among others. That’s when I spare them no mercy when they pop off dumb shi+ they get tenfold back. It’s just really foolish.

Tfor3, anthony59237 and napalm06 like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you should just post it. everybody else does what they want here.

6. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Your opinions and preferences don't define you as a person and so a contrary opinion is not a personal attack on you.

I was the biggest Dillon Brooks hater on this site in the off-season and before that. I was posting crap about him on basically every Dillon Brooks thread. And in the 20ish games he's been on the team he's mostly been great. I wholeheartedly admit that I was wrong about Dillon Brooks. Admitting that doesn't make me any less of a person and it doesn't mean that any future takes that I have will automatically be wrong just cause I was wrong about that one. Nobody is right all the time just embrace your mistakes.

Also another issue is a lot of people will talk **** here without even watching games or having any facts to back it up. Sometimes I'll see an argument that can easily be resolved by a Google or statmuse search.

maypk and jordnnnn like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey surprise.gif

DreamShook and Tfor3 like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Right on. That’s what interests me, too.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I’m not as cultured as having a yearning for breaking down minute details on film

Me? I’m a meme man.

[​IMG]

10. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need more in-depth breakdowns of plays with video examples, similar to what Zach Lowe does on ESPN. There is a place for the emotional game to game reactions also, but a little balance with actual basketball talk would be welcome.

Dobbizzle, clos4life and BaselineFade like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Enjoy!

DreamShook, Roomba and harold bingo like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

this

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

But yet, he runs the Rockets Watch twitter space. I was hoping it would be more Clutch-centric because Clutch is such a G and manages to get along with everyone. Clutch sort of defers when Roosh is around.

So I stick to CFs game threads, at least those are zany and fun.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

To be fair that Trey kid fired the first douche shot with "lean (b)all from a players perspective". What fake Linkedin credentials does he have to talk like that to other people? (And the people with actual credentials never talk like that). This is why I hate Twitter.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

meme squad be all like

Adam Sandler laughing.gif

DreamShook, Tfor3, jim1961 and 2 others like this.
  16. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

OMG. I would be all over reading these posts and seeing the discussions. And to have it moderated to remove inane chatter would be LOVELY!!!!

17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I noticed these haters or feelings guys never have much to say when people actually talk about specifics breaking down different parts of games or plays.

18. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Not new. I tried to start a cult here in '97. It almost worked.

napalm06 likes this.
  19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I think NBA fans these days are more of "player fans" instead of "team fans" especially with how easy it is for stars to move to another team.

This is probably why there are way more discourse on team forums.

DreamShook likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

that's a good point.