1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/18/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

This is that part of the rebuild where we now have a good coach that is implementing the right culture and style of play for these guys. We also have some vets that will help with that and produce some on the court. The other part, and most important part I think, is watching our young players grow up in this new culture and system. This is where we find out which ones will stick and which ones will not make it here. I don't expect a lot of winning in this phase, but we will be competitive.

I'm not ready to throw Jalen away just yet. I think this is where he is learning and trying to 'get it' in order to be one of the players that sticks around. Same for Jabari. They both have talent, they need to work on BB skills and awareness out there. Tari just get's it man. He may not be a all-star one day, but he will be a damn good role player that does a lot of things that help with winning games. Maybe Jalen ends up being a 6th man in the end that comes in to score when you need it. I guess we will see how they all end up by end of the year..

BigMaloe, Hemingway and eliefor3 like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Love this post. It is exactly my way of thinking. I do think Jabari has all-star skills at minimum, just has to bulk up which can’t be done in a couple of off-seasons. Next season 10 lbs and the next season after 5-10 lbs will make him an incredible PF. Still trying to be patient with Jalen and don’t buy the trade him for a bag of chips some have, but not sure he’s got what it takes. Hope I’m wrong on that and still think we need to be patient. For the second half of this season, I hope Amen is getting 25 mins a game off the bench and Cam gets a chance.