1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros @ Cubs

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by leroy, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Khopesh

Khopesh Member

Why do we care if it hit him or not?

Either way, Berkman did the right the thing, played it like a champ. The Cubs deserved it after what they did to Beltran. Heck, they deserved more than that.

2. mulletman

mulletman Member

damn, i turn off the game in the 6th and miss all the excitement:( :mad:

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ouch... I know this techinically doesn't belong in this thread (its meaningless to start another one)... but Dotel just blew a 2-run lead (with 2 outs left in the game) on BACK-TO-BACK Homeruns that were basically no-doubters in that big ballpark in Oakland.

That is NOT the way to start a stretch run for Oakland... but at least he's not our problem anymore (and he'll probably become like Latroy Hawkins... a failed closer that had to go back to being a good setup man again).

4. MONON

MONON Member

He's just the type of inforcer relief pitcher we need to go with Oswalt. pitch 1.2 innings gefore delivering a message. :D

5. dEVIL

dEVIL Member

so who won the season series? or is it tied?

6. fya

fya Member

Stros take 3-4

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Cubs 10-9

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

``I thought it was pretty chicken,'' Remlinger said. ``You hit somebody and it turns out that you look at the tape and Berkman didn't even get hit. (He) was pretending he got hit in the face and thinking maybe you put somebody in the hospital and then you find out he's faking it. That speaks for itself, pretty poor.''

I don't know what to make of that. Why would Berkman fake all that? That's a bunch of crap. This guy practically kills Berkman with a pitch to the head that bounces off Berk's hands/bat into his helmet probably shaking him up and here the pitcher is berating him? WTF is that? Remlinger's a d*ck. So is Barrett. Who's the next Cub p***y in line? Geez.

#108 Surfguy, Aug 29, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
  9. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Remlinger has 26 hit batsmen in an 11-yr career. The ball goes where he wants it to - that ball went at Berkman's head.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Remlinger is a journeyman. He's just frustrated he gave up 3+ runs again.

11. MONON

MONON Member

I disagree with your implication that Remlinger was going after Berkman. 1st of all, the Cubs are trying to protect the lead for the wild card. The Cubs are only down 2. Remlinger needs to hold the bases loaded no out situation so the Cub bats can still win the game. This isn't the time to send a message & go down by 3 with only 2 at bats left. Besides if a message needed to be sent, it was sent 2 batters earlier when Beltran was hit.

12. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And they fall behind in a game at home that would allow a division rival to take a series 3-1 against them at home. The wild card sure didn't prevent Barrett from acting like a baffoon. To boot, the situation was bases loaded no outs going through the middle of the order- Berkman had already hit a bomb of a homer- the Cubs weren't getting out of that inning unscathed no matter what.

On another note- I went through Wild Card tiebreaker rules. Head-to-head matchups would only indicate home field advantage in a tiebreaker game.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

any respect i might have once had for barrett....yeah, this series killed that.

cubs suck.

go 'stros.

and if not the 'stros, go padres or giants. anyone but the freaking cubs.

14. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I have a good feeling that the cubs hit Beltran on purpose, he got on base 15 times in the series, he was killing them. There should have been a warning after that one. And why wasn't Mercker thrown out Friday? After all that crap with Oswalt and and that ass-clown Barrett, the ump should have tossed him right there.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I respect Barret.

I wish he were our catcher.

We need more players like him.

DD

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

respect him? he came off like whiny b****....

if you're gonna man up, do it. don't talk about it. don't walk around with your chest puffed up like you're tough. he handled himself very poorly, and as i understand it, is taking his fair share of heat in chicago for coming off like a dork.