1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just throw the damn ball!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Alimoe84, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

Here are just some QB numbers from past week of preseason play.

Carson Palmer: 12-26 171 yards

Matt Schaub 14-20 214 yards

Byron Leftwich 13-21 117 yards

Matt Hasselbeck 18-28 190 yards

David Carr 8-13 114 yards

Alot of other teams have thrown the ball frequently as well but I didn't put people like Culpepper who threw the ball 28 times because he's a seasoned vet. The texans were an awesome offense when Carr was putting the ball in the air. He didnt do it nearly enough though. I don't know if it was just the play calling or the O lines inability to sustain a block, but Carr is out franchise player and this seaon he's going to have to start puttin the ball in he air atleast 20-25 times a game. We can start by getting Chester Pitts' ass outta there. He was ineffective at tackle and he's gettin beat just as easily at guard. What do these guys see in him? Hasn't he started every game in franchise history? Rediculous. Anyways, do ya'll think the Texans under use Carr?

2. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I think pre-season is annoying to watch bc no one is playing and the better team rarely wins.

3. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Domanick Davis needed to get some Reps in. I'm not sweating it. David will get plenty of opps to throw. I loved that 47ish yard pass to Bradford, which was set up by a big Domanick Davis run the play before.

4. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Carr only played the first half. So, he was on pace to throw 26 times.

Also, I understand what you're talking about with Pitts. I was getting frustrated watching him get beat too. But, that was Trevor Pryce beating him -- he's a great player.

All in all, this is still just preseason. They've got to run the ball, even when it isn't working. This is the time to work on blocking schemes, etc. They've got to have a balanced attack to be successful.