1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Jets

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 8, 2023.

1. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DeMeco is so scared of giving up the big play .. we get killed by RB leaking out backfield …and what was point of signing that Jets S if we didn’t even use him

we need speed on defense… Nelson isn’t it

2. FEDEXROCKETS13

Personally I think I would have loved seeing us dominate the should win games and lost the games we were not supposed to bc now I approach each game as we should win and I'm not sure my heart is ready for playoffs yet lol

conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. Qan

Qan Member

This team is still not it. There's no consistency, with players or coaches...a lot is due to injuries. We're still a bit away from being a true playoff contender. Just take this season as a foundation one, and hopefully next year Texans will be better off with future FA signings.

roxallways likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1/12 on 3rd down and 0-3 on 4th down.
    It doesn't get much worse than that.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

His fumble recovery did keep us in the game for a few more minutes.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Why the hell does this franchise always get smoked by scrub Qbs? It's been happening with astonishing regularity for 15 years now.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Our current healthy pass catchers will struggle to get separation with their routes. Losing Tank and Nico is devastating to this offense. And Schultz to a lesser extent.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

By playoff “contender” do you mean a team that you think has a chance to win playoff games…or merely get there? Because we’re very clearly a contender to get into the playoffs right now in Stroud’s first season even with a thin roster and injuries all over the place all season long.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

We are essentially "out of players."

Stephen66 and deb4rockets like this.
  10. MadMax

He had a crappy game today under some really bad circumstances…but he’s having among the best rookie seasons for a QB in league history. I never in a million years dreamed he’d be this far along this quickly…or that the Texans would be knocking on the door of the playoffs in his very first season with all the holes they still have.

Even the very best QBs have crappy games…but if we’re counting the Falcons (250 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT) as a stinker for a rookie, we’re really raising the bar on how we grade rookie QB in the NFL. All time greats have games like that frequently.

11. Buck Turgidson

NEXT YEAR IS OUR YEAR

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

What a lost opportunity with both the Jags and Colts losing. Worst played game of the season by far.

13. MadMax

14. Buck Turgidson

When is Q a free agent? He'd be absolutely perfect for the Texans DL

eta: nevermind, he signed an extension last year. As**ole.

cmoak1982, gatsby, desihooper and 2 others like this.
  15. Qan

Qan Member

Of course to win games. I recognize we are currently in the middle of trying to make the playoffs. I had hope they might actually win a game before, but I don't think that's possible. I just raised my hopes too much, but I'm cool with just this season being what it has been so far.

MadMax likes this.
  16. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Multi-team conference tiebreakers are a beast unto themselves...

Buck Turgidson, cmoak1982 and MadMax like this.
  17. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I would still like the team make the playoffs even if it’s a one and done, the experience alone especially for CJ, should help the team going in next year.

everyday eddie, Qan and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

We won't make the playoffs this year most likely. But it's nice to be in the fight. Now next year I have much bigger expectations.

HillBoy and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

They just signed him to a massive contract. Do you not Hard Knocks bro?

Our scheme philosophically the same as the Jets and the Niners. Rush 4 rarely blitz. QW makes that defense elite because it allows the other DL men one on one opportunities cuz QW is always getting double teamed.

the Niners have good DT, no QW but better than ours. But it’s Bosa who commands the Double Teams. Their offense makes that defense insanely good because they like jumping on the opponents fast which then forces teams to pass more to catch up and then they just destroy opponents with the pass rush.

so when ppl here b**** and moan about not blitzing enough well our D is really not designed like that. That’s not Demecos philosophical approach.

bcast89 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  20. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Why is that?..everyone that we needed to lose have lost this week. We have a weak remaining schedule.

gfab-babyboi likes this.