1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 12/8/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Refs still tried to cheat for DEN tho. Jokic fouled Sengun every time down the stretch. There were a lot of non T calls on Murray and Jokic when they should have controlled the game early and set the tone

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

I mean reaching the playoffs was a dream prior to the season.

3. cumutk

cumutk Member

Sengun once again showed that he is not only the best Player of Rockets, but the best player of 2021 draft..
    He achieved double double and missed tripplle double while guarding world's best player.
    There was a physical and strong battle between Jokic and him..
    Jokic made his things when Alpi.was sitting in that period of time.

Also Green was marvelous, we know his talent but he needs consistency and needs to.learn some fundamentals..

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Refs still gave Jokic star treatment tho like that big shove and when he lost the ball and pretended that a rockets player shoved him.

deb4rockets and don grahamleone like this.
  5. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!! CANADIANS ARE TROLLING EACH OTHER!!!!

Hakeemtheking, Salvy and Tfor3 like this.
  6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

See my follow-up reply. I mis-read his numbers.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Frederick VanVleeterick!!

ramotadab, Tfor3 and don grahamleone like this.
  8. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think we all knew if the team could learn how to get the ball to senguin correctly he would be a good offensive player. What is more surprising to me is his defense. He is not fouling as much and he is holding his own. I don't think he is defensive player of the year or anything but my hope for him was to not be a liability on defense. He is much more than that he is actually becoming a asset on defense

9. cumutk

cumutk Member

l once again send my love to Oklahoma City Thunder Management and Front office for sending World's youngest best center in Sengun to us in 2021 draft.
    Our core of Sengun-Green-Jabari-Eason will be great..

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

don’t count your chickens .

But yes , pistons are scrubs . Idk what their front office was doing bringing in wiseman and Bagley . Beef stew and jalen Duren were already better .

I think playing 4-5 less games is actually a pretty big advantage at this point of the year . Other good teams are load managing and planning for the second 2/3 of the year . Plus we’ve probably been able to get in some more practices , key for a young squad that is trying to gel with new vets .

I’m not sure how having to make up those games if we hit a dead leg period is going to be .

im cautiously optimistic, but the team is on pace for what I expected . Wins against good teams last year is nice , but you can argue that playing those teams early is a good thing . We SHOULD be much fresher and more athletic than teams that were playing in late April , may , and June .

I think we have a tough stretch coming up from the 17th of Dec to the 8th of Jan . It’s 13 game in like 21 days with 4 sets of back to backs . The only scrub team in that stretch is Detroit .

ramotadab likes this.
  11. conquistador#11

It makes sense. The other young core guys were struggling so FVV looked for him more.
    Alpi got the lead in the closing possessions against SA, LAL and LAC. But Harden and James had other plans even with Tate in for defense.
    Win those 3 and that 2-6 record goes to 5-3

ramotadab likes this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets lost their virginity tonight !!!

After some hard fought losses they finally broke through, against a good team too.

Denver first home loss?!!

Wow, excellent work.

13. conquistador#11

What did Murray say that got him ejected?
    I thought Porter got away with an ejection. Not only did he spiked the ball, he did it in the ref's face. Dillon gets suspended for that.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Man, I would have been thrilled with a 7-12 start given how brutal these first 19 games were opponent wise.

The fact that we actually have a winning record is astonishing. It feels amazing to be looking forward to Rockets basketball again.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Black Mumble will become the black mamba 2.0.

Yeah. I said it.

16. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

lol! :eek:

DeBeards and Tfor3 like this.
  17. sirjesse

Supporting Member

Tfor3, DeBeards and Ancient Moabite like this.
  18. Holybats

Holybats Member

There are interviews that Udoka tells Alperen prefer finishing rather than the assists.This is the result of opponent starts a defensive scheme to block Alperens pass channels.

HardenReturns likes this.
  19. sirjesse

Supporting Member

I like my chicken nuggets with mambo sauce.

The Udoker has spoken!

upload_2023-12-8_22-36-55.jpeg

upload_2023-12-8_22-37-31.jpeg

Tfor3, Believe It! and Hakeemtheking like this.
  20. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

And we dodged a bullet in Cade Cunningham... Green is a beast and is perfect for this team, has all-star potential. Cade is a nice comp piece on a contending team, been saying that for a while now...