1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Identifying the Rockets core

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2022.

1. cml750

cml750 Member

I agree 100%. They are experiencing real NBA coaching for the first time. They deserve a year under Ime before any decisions are made.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why do people care about what Clutch says about Sengun, all he said was that the org hadn't bought in to him last year and he was 100% right.

DD

3. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

As the founder for the ClutchFans website, when he speaks he speaks with "authority" at least that's what people think. So getting his approval in this or that is important, I guess

kubli9 likes this.
  4. cml750

cml750 Member

My main issue was him leaving the utterly ridiculous "Why Bruno Should Start" article up as the MAIN article on the main Clutchfans site for the ENTIRE season. I have no issues with him writing the article because that is indeed what the idiot SIlas wanted to do but leaving it up the ENTIRE season as the top article is on him. He even left it up as the top article after Bruno was traded.

tagedieb, ilias and clos4life like this.
  5. DaDakota

Come on, the guy is busy, people whine about anything these days....it is your choice to look at it or not.

DD

Amiga and cml750 like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if I were Clutch I’d have you on ignore :cool:

7. invocux

invocux Member

He should publicly apologize and step down as head of CF.

8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I re-read that article and he didn't say anything bad about Sengun. He said that he didn't want to see Alpi chasing around KPJ and Jalen with the first team, that his PG talents would be better utilized off the bench aka not playing with KPJ. It isn't his fault idiot Silas and Stone pushed the KPJ agenda, they had us all thinking foggy for 3 years with their decisions.

Ancient Moabite and DaDakota like this.
  9. DaDakota

STFU....lol

DD

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Draymond is a multi all star, Ariza is a 7M player. Brooks is better than Ariza but not as good as Draymond.

To be part of the core you need to be the same age as the core, at 27 he is too old to be part of the core since that means he will only be around till the first extension at most.

11. beardsanity713

Segun
    Amen
    Cam
    Jabari

Segun the Hub

Amen something like Penny Hardaway

Cam the future starting 2 guard already stronger better finisher & slasher than Jalen. Needs a few NBA offseasons.

Jabari the super 3 & D wing/Big

HardenReturns likes this.
  12. MystikArkitect

A "core" is pretty much a unit you're rolling to the WCF or Finals with. We're not doing that without Dillon. Dillon/Bari/Tari is our defensive core.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  13. CXbby

CXbby Member

I’m going by how the OP defined it: “Jalen is not a lock to be a special player but they have to build around him with that as the plan.”

So the guy they build around. Or the literal definition of the word, core, the centerpiece. We are not building around Jabari, his skill set is of a complimentary player that perfectly fits around the player we will build around, Sengun. So I guess it’s semantics, even though Jabari isn’t a core, he fits so well with the core that he won’t be going anywhere anyways.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Clutch’s opinion on Sengun doesn’t really matter but I do find it hypocritical.

Clutch was rightfully critical of the organization for their decisions to cater the whole team to KPJ. He questioned the entire ethos of the franchise the past few years due to this, and I agree with Clutch on this.

Yet on the other hand, Clutch eats up whatever the organization has felt about Sengun the last two years. “Worst pick and roll defender in the league”, “came in to camp out of shape and lazy”, “trade bait”.

Does he not realize that it is the SAME inept people behind the scenes that was making the decisions on both of these things? The same geniuses on the team that wanted to build the team around KPJ were the exact ones who hated Sengun. How do you rightfully call out their idiocy on one hand and think they can’t be wrong on the other?

Thank God Tilman stepped in and finally put a basketball mind in charge and it took him less than one training camp to figure out Sengun was the “core”. This was never that hard people.

HardenReturns and OremLK like this.
  15. cumutk

cumutk Member

It does not matter fans or press what says,
    Sengun is not only the best player of Rockets, but the best player of 2021 draft.
    He is future's best center with a high degree, l dont see Sabonis or others at his level now, Sengun dictates the games more.
    He just sat on the beginning of the 4th corner, offense stopped.
    He does not need to score, his physical presence makes it all.

All teams try to double or sometimes tre double him, how many players at 21 years old have you seen in this league tredoubled by teams?

Thanks to OKC, what can be said other?
    If 2021 redrafted, Sengun was #1.
    What a steal, at #16, as Rockets we Got the best center of future..

16. cml750

cml750 Member

I said in my post I had no issues with him writing the article. It is not his fault Silas was clueless. My issue was with him leaving it the entire season(even AFTER Bruno was traded) as the main article on the main Clutchfans site. He may not have talked bad about Sengun in the article but just like in regular journalism the headline is the inflammatory part. Why feature the article even after it quickly became irrelevant especially after Bruno was traded?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good thing, Alperen never needed authority or permission to be great from our founder.

'Nope'

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

not true. Green’s scoring in the paint in his second year is right up there with the league’s best guards in their second year. You look at second tier guards and their numbers are slightly lower. There is a difference in terms of players’ ability to get to the paint.

19. invocux

invocux Member

It's his 3rd year not 2nd and his TS% has always been below average among shooting guards. He has been objectively inefficient since the day he stepped on an NBA court. I didn't say he didn't have an edge over others i said nothing he does is "generational".

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

No. You said specifically “athletic guards a dime a dozen.” I use second year stats specifically because this season’s numbers aren’t complete. I looked up specifically his numbers last year relative to his peers and the numbers show that he is getting to the paint at a high rate. And not all athletic players can do this. This is a fallacy. Who said he was generational? Besides that term is overused and hyperbole. What does generational athleticism even mean and how do you quantify that? Can you explain to me what generational athleticism is? I just know based on the available numbers that he is within this first tier group.