1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[First Take] I'm pretty ticked off! - Stephen A. & Shannon react to the LeBron-Ime Udoka clash

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Dec 4, 2023.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

But what matters is that Wade, Melo, CP3, the refs and his twitter followers respect him.

And someday he'll be an acclaimed movie producer.

2. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Good grief... I haven't watched ESPN in years, but they just keep getting worse and worse. Is this really what generates ratings? Depressing.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. pippsux

pippsux Member

I don’t know about y’all but, I want my coach and team to embrace being the villain.

Us against the world mentality. Lebron is on the end of his run so I’m not paying his old ass any mind. In a fight Udoka would eat his lunch, so what are doing here?

:( Is it bad that I thought, I wish Brooks would punch Jalen Green in the face and afterwards JG starts playing like Haliburton:eek:

I know I’m wrong

Dobbizzle likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You know, I'm all for taking up for the team and all but the last thing we need now is to see Udoka get his ass whooped.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You can be the villain but the team is not at the highest stages yet....if they in the WCF or Finals.....they can be whatever villain they want.

Right now you are playing villain of mediocrity......which some of y'all do not tend to mind....

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight.... It's the size of the fight in the dog"

Not sure why you think Udoka would get his a$$ whooped...:cool:

Go Rockets!!!

Dobbizzle and BaselineFade like this.
  7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I like our coach but Leebron would beat the brakes off of Udoka.

9. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

SamFisher likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Why does Skip look like a guy that has a used car dealership in New Mexico that is a front for selling fentanyl and crystal.

Heartdoc, slothy420, JumpMan and 2 others like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Heartdoc, BamBam and Dobbizzle like this.
  12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I honestly don't know who would remain standing when the dust settles, but you making bold statements about CryBron "beating the brakes" off of Udoka is somewhat laughable giving the fact that you have nothing to base your theory on. Yes, size matters, but it is not the determining factor on who ends up standing up or laying down! In a real fight, cajones, experience and luck usually determine the outcome.... with the majority being experience! AND the outcome usually comes between 5-10 seconds!!!

slothy420, Nook and jim1961 like this.
  13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Chet would definitely go like that with a lil nudge from Dillon or Tari...Not advocating for it or anything...just sayin'...

Nook likes this.
  14. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I thought Skip stopped trolling LeBron since his problem with Shannon, but good to see he's still the same old Skip.

First, he says he'd take Udoka if they fought each other. :D Then, he shrugs when asked if he thought LeBron was a b****. :p Richard Sherman busted out laughing at the second one.

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oklahoma*

Ankara1923 and Nook like this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

Not sure if Lebron did anything, if ever. ...and stare down with Piston's Isiah Stewart few years ago doesn't count.

Ime did fight back in the day. I remember this when Celtics was profiling him before choosing him for head coach.

Gabe Muoneke (Nigerian American teammate of Ime). Loose Rockets connection, Gabe played for the Vipers in 2007 his career was mostly international. His account of Ime on HoopsHype.

"... I didn’t start it. Kingsley Ogwudire was in front of our team in an all-out tirade in his best Arabic. The next thing you know, there were three Algerian players on him. Everyone was engaged in combat save me, if you can believe it. And lo and ehold… Ime! He was taking people out like in Mortal Kombat. Finish him! Incredible. I was so out of it as I had five guys I was fighting (oh yeah, the crowd jumped in as the fight spilled over to the court of the championship game of Senegal and Angola).

In the middle of the whole thing I heard Ime, literally in mid-swing of another opponent say,”Watch back, Gabe” and he calmly, I mean calmly, smeared a guy who, as I turned to see his warning, jumped from the stands with a chair to probably kill me or knock me out to where the crowd would have. I mean, Ime caught the guy in mid air with a fist and calmly continued his dispatching of oncoming people. He and other guys (yes, me too) were whoopin’ so many people the crowd backed up. True to the letter! But Ime had the most notches by far."

#36 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 5, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
  17. Nook

Nook Member

LeBron doesn’t want ANY of that smoke. When was the last time LeBron threw hands? Ime has thrown hands a number of times.

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Whenever LeBron James talks he wishes he talks like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant because LeBron James is Jealous of their Intelligence. LeBron James always is Jealous by Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.

Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant have White Friends growing up unlike LeBron James Posse.

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If LeBron James was off of Steroids, I will pick Ime Udoka in Street Fight.

LeBron James is Super Skinny without Steroids.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

LOL there's a reason why certain players don't fight. It's because they can't no matter what fake tough guy appearance they try to portray

Ime on the other hand, has proven to throw hands if necessary.

And while all accounts indicate Udoka is cool, calm and collected — he’s not one to cross. Just take it from Gabe Muoneke, who played with him on the Nigerian National Team.

Here’s an excerpt from a story that was circulating around Twitter, via Boston Sports Journal’s John Karalis, in which Muoneke details the events transpired after a game against Algeria. Buckle up.

After the game, they were waiting for us to come out of the locker room. And seriously, I didn’t start it. Kingsley Ogwudire was in front of our team in an all-out tirade in his best Arabic. The next thing you know, there were three Algerian players on him. Everyone was engaged in combat save me, if you can believe it. And low and behold… Ime! He was taking people out like in Mortal Kombat. Finish him! Incredible. I was so out of it as I had five guys I was fighting (oh yeah, the crowd jumped in as the fight spilled over to the court of the championship game of Senegal and Angola).

In the middle of the whole thing I heard Ime, literally in mid-swing of another opponent say, ‘Watch back, Gabe’ and he calmly, I mean calmly, smeared a guy who, as I turned to see his warning, jumped from the stands with a chair to probably kill me or knock me out to where the crowd would have. I mean, Ime caught the guy in mid air with a fist and calmly continued his dispatching of oncoming people. He and other guys (yes, me too) were whoopin’ so many people the crowd backed up. True to the letter! But Ime had the most notches by far.

BaselineFade likes this.