1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 12/2/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The “I can’t win a road game” Rockets. So proud!

2. VanityHalfBlack

No more excuses this is starting to get pathetic

Tfor3 likes this.
  3. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

another game, another jalen scapegoating... everyone ignores his elite defense against Reaves. Unacceptable

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. Radricky

Radricky Member

My man chase was robbed that year

Tfor3, BigMaloe, ramotadab and 2 others like this.
  5. Radricky

Radricky Member

I’m still in awe of this lol

ramotadab and Believe It! like this.
  6. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

SMH we just can’t win a damn road game

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

2023 Astros would be proud of these Rockets.

Seriously, when I was watching the Rockets in the 1st quarter they were hot, but then I watched they only have a 6 point lead, I know we were done.
    Jalen Green - 2 freaking FTs and 6 TOs for the game, those stats from a high scoring guard is not going to win.
    Jabari - Supposedly the #1 pick of the draft, those GWs he had last year are long gone. Are we still waiting for him to explode?!?!?!?

VanityHalfBlack and ramotadab like this.
  8. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

The internet is a crazy place. I love that white ups seems to have no floor and the retirement of David Lee was in question. Jokic over Stromile Swift is the exception not the rule.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't watch the game, but a couple things popped out at me from the box score.

In 3 minutes Cam had 6FT (More than anyone on the team), 3 rebounds, an assist and 5PTS. Were those just garbage minutes, without Lakers starters in, or should we be giving him more minutes?

I noticed LeBron had another ZERO Fouls game. Tell me LeBron has not committed any fouls in 6 of his last 8 games, and I'll raise that giant BS flag. The NBA is so ridiculously biased in favor of their self announced "King" aren't they?

That's why I quit watching late night Lakers games. Why stay up to watch that man get the "Special Treatment" every time we play them?

The shooting wasn't good enough.

Jalen's turnovers are something he really needs to get a handle on. His assist to turnover ratio is really bad compared to other guards in the league. I still can't believe he shot under 27% in FG. Was he just not getting the foul calls or is was he just that bad at making shots? My guess is there were fouls in there not being called, since it was in LA.

#1109 deb4rockets, Dec 3, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

They were garbage minutes. Cam is also showcasing himself every time Cam is on the floor. Having said that, yes, he does need more minutes.

As for the LeBron thing. It's just embarrassing. The league should be ashamed.

deb4rockets and ramotadab like this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

The last 3 minutes was more of the refs trying to even out the foul disparity as much as possible during garbage time. Yes, the fouls were either legitimate or borderline. But the exact same calls they swallowed the whistle on the first 45min.

You simply cannot touch Lebron, AD, or Reaves without it being a foul even if they initiate all contact. No one else on the floor was getting the benefit of the doubt.

13. JW86

JW86 Member

I'm really worried Jalen Green will never become a smart player, he has very poor awareness and might just rely on his ability to make shots and athletic ability to get by people and finish around the rim. Once he starts to finish better that is. Right now, he's missing a lot at the rim and all those shots from his go-to spots do not impress me. It's the shots he has to take because his go-to spots are taken away or because he's grown fearless, confident he can make it from anywhere on the floor is when he can impress me at least with his scoring ability. He's shown it, but not enough.

It's off the ball where Green should shine right now, but I've yet to see a variety of plays where he's been successful, only the simple off the curl screen set at the top of the 3pt line usually. I am also really worried this year we will continue to be a team that just runs simple sets and will never tire out the other team enough and to be diverse enough to make it really hard to guard us. Defense will win us games, but it doesn't help that we don't have enough outside shooting (threat) to open up the space most of the time. What can be fixed is these taking it up the court and just hoist a shot, mainly Jabari, Jalen & FVV are guilty of this. We need to get back to pass first, get it to whoever's open. Btw what happened to Tate on offense?

Love how FVV was telling Tari to get back. It wasn't the biggest deal, but put him in his place type of thing was cool :) I also liked most of what Ime was saying, but I definitely do not agree we were getting punked by AD. We got lucky actually they didn't call fouls more, although they didn't do us many favors otherwise. A lot of this stuff will come across as just the old generic didn't play hard enough, but I am confident behind closed doors Ime has pointed out different things to specific players and them as a group so it doesn't across as a casual take or a coach who's in over his head.

ramotadab and Entropy like this.
  14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Damn The Udoker doesn’t give any ****s.

He basically just said we got punked by a soft team.

I love it.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Needed more tate

16. Entropy

Entropy Member

Meh, I'm just gonna assume it's going to be an automatic loss whenever the Rockets play in California from here on out. Whether its the refs screwing us, the guys having too much fun the night before the game, or us getting plain outworked and out-talented.

#1116 Entropy, Dec 3, 2023
    Hank McDowell likes this.
  17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Im in the same boat as i didnt get to watch it either.

What popped out to me when i glanced at the box score was it looked like the entire team shot poorly including the usual pretty reliable Sengun. Jalen had 6 TOs which is wayy tooo many for only 2 assists. And ironically the 2 best starters from a +\- standpoint was Sengun and Green who both look to have had bad games.

was Sengun and green on the bench during that 2nd quarter collapse? Curious what the lineup was during that stretch if anyone knows.

Seeing Udoka got ejected and went ham in the post game presser is enjoyable for me. Really is holding people accountable it would seem.

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. Entropy

Entropy Member

Sengun was on the bench for most of the 2nd quarter including the start of it, Ime was trying to time Alpi's minutes to match Davis's. Our lineup to start the 2nd Q was FVV, Tari, Jabari, Green, and Jeff. After 1 minute Green was subbed out for Brooks. In hindsight we probably should have played Sengun throughout the 2nd, our team couldn't make any stops or keep the box ticking.

#1118 Entropy, Dec 3, 2023
  19. i3artow i3aller

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Everybody has rustled jimmies today. Glad I skipped the game. Y'all would do well to skip 9:30pm games going forward too.