1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Backup bigman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MultipleSauces, Nov 16, 2023.

?

Best option for backup bigman?

1. Landale and boban

12 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Capela

63 vote(s)
    49.2%
  3. Daniel gafford

10 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. Javale mcgee

12 vote(s)
    9.4%
  5. Garuba

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Someone else

27 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Landale didnt miss a shot tonight.
    Maybe he is on the rebound.

2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Telling that he didn't play. Not a good look for 8 million dollars a year. They really need to address what is going on with this guy.

MultipleSauces and jim1961 like this.
  3. Attila52

Attila52 New Member

We missed Omer Yurtseven as a free agent, but he should have a low trade value. He is a great defensive big with great chemistry with Al-P.

MultipleSauces likes this.
  4. VoR

VoR Member

He was rushed back from his ankle injury. Give the guy time.

5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

We need a shot blocker, period!

6. VoR

VoR Member

Hmm, the all Turkish centers team. We would have to move Boban, which might not be easy. I'm more curious what we plan to do with Bullock.

7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

It is a disgrace that this team continues to play small ball and get their arses dominated on the boards. We lost because Jokic got offensive rebound after rebound after rebound. ADDRESS THE F$&@“ ISSUE ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I want to give jock landale a chance, but not since 2020-2021 Danuel House have I seen such levels of incompetency on the court.

I always preach patience so I shall have patience…but mine is wearing thinner by the game

MultipleSauces, Bo6 and jim1961 like this.
  9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

landale minutes are just catastrophic. i didn't think he would be that bad.

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

He has much worse hands than Omer Asik.

11. i3artow i3aller

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That looks like Jokic in Capela's body. Franchise player in the making. If we get him, Sengun can move over. :D

13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

No he wasn’t. You remind me of all those who constantly posted excuses for Silas the last three years. Jock is a fully overpaid unathletic, slow, non-block shotting, bad outside shooting, bad rebounding player. His only attribute is that he is tall. This is why our coach has him backing up the shorter 37 year old. We need a legit backup big.

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

What would it take to get Gafford?

ApolloRLB and MultipleSauces like this.
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Who is the mysterious Backup Bigman? Stay tuned to find out!

16. TimDuncanDonaut

They just paid Gafford three years: $12m, $13m, $14m. If it was that versus Landale's $8m per, definitely Gafford. The fact that Wiz's front office extended him means they value him. It's different than the likes of Johnny Davis (picks from the previous GM) and Patrick Baldwin Jr. (from GSW to Wiz), who are very close on their way out of the league.

Kuz and Poole are technically the 'faces' of their club, but hardcore D.C. hoop fans are hoping their next core hit with future hight picks + Gafford and Deni (Avdija). The talks right now is if Poole plays well, can he do it long enough for the Wiz offload, flip him. There's already buyer's remorse.

Wiz's new GM(s - Dawkins and his assistant GMs); come with high creds and analytically driven. Not the type to get fleeced. Wiz is not picks rich, so if Stone dangles picks, Gafford is possible. Best for Eli Witus and crew to crunch the number and see if Gafford's worth it. Rockets might pass and not want to pay a steep price, if it's only a backup center. I personally wouldn't be against it if the price is not too steep.

Rockets FO still saving the picks, in case they can use for that imaginary possible disgruntled superstar.

#136 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 2, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  17. OremLK

OremLK Member

I was an early proponent of picking up Gafford, but I do wonder, now that he's a starter playing heavier minutes than he was behind Kristaps, how happy he would be coming here to almost certainly play under 20mpg. I wish we had acquired him during the offseason when he was still in more of a mixed/backup role.

I'm not saying he would necessarily throw a sh*tfit about getting off the basement-dwelling Wiz and coming to a team that's at least a playoff contender. Maybe he would be just fine with it. Something to think about, though.

18. MultipleSauces

We have quite the conundrum right now, any backup big we get wont be able to space the floor and block shots and catch lobs, that type of player would be mvp lol. The spacing would be off if we were using a non shooter such as amen as our pg. hopefully Jabari can develop more and he can run backup 5 with tari Eason as our four or something. Landale oladipo and picks should be moved at the trade deadline to a seller who wants to save money. I guess we’ll see who it is but I’d be happy with gafford