1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start Eason - bench Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 29, 2023.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He didn't get benched in the 2nd, when he went to the bench he had the most minutes played on the team at 16m. His avg is 8m a quarter for 32m a game. Quit spinning things to fit your narrative.

His scoring started at minute 9 and continued increasing in ferocity. Against starters and against the bench.

His 4th quarter was perfectly fine. He missed 1 shot and was getting to the line. He was also facilitating well. His only fault was probably being tied from playing the entire half until ime pulled the cord.

The 1 game out of 5 is lazy propoganda. His last 5 games which include getting benched are.
    16/3/2 in 23m
    34/2/4 which is his season high
    25/5/2 with 3 steals
    12/3/5
    26/6/9 tonight

Literally the opposite of what your saying.

2. JW86

JW86 Member

DD has never been able to separate his agenda and or emotions from facts.

3. OpportunityCost

How much more time will it take for Jalen to "figure it out"?

4. OpportunityCost

I just want Ime to run some better sets. Too much standing around which makes it easier to defend. The Nuggets are the NBA Champions and they have decent sets where players are coming off of off-the-ball screens and there are back-cuts.

#84 OpportunityCost, Nov 30, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hasn't missed a game. Averaging 20 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists with 43-36-79 splits.

This is not bad work for a 21-year-old. Overall, I am pretty happy with all our young guys. We are seeing progress from each of them. MUCH MORE to come!

6. vince

vince Member

That’s a sound like a classic Stephen Silas coaching move. Just saying…

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Agreed. Tari is going to be a career 2nd unit energy guy.

topfive likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

ain’t no way a KPJ lover is trying to lecture people about a meritocracy when they had no problems with KPJ being handed the PG reigns from day 1…the hypocrisy knows no bounds

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

LOL. DD doing his thing. Green was great last night.

10. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

They are not going to bench Green, stop overreacting

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Yall gon learn that dude posts with the intent of "stirrup the pot".. He thinks it's being creatively fun but he lives in an 80s time capsule.. The fun topics become straight delusional comments throughout the GARM .. I peep it and see it for what it is!

34to11 and AlperenSengun like this.
  12. verysimplejason

Tari's a good 6th man if he develops some shooting, the seventh man for now. JG deserves his starting spot. The team will get better.

13. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Don't you think Silas is being used as a scapegoat? He needed more time to create his Jalen-based system, but unfortunately not everyone is patient as me.

Patience is indeed a virtue.

anthony59237 and 34to11 like this.
  14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Doesn’t matter! he has over 100,000 posts he can say whatever he wants! Definitely has become to bound to his own narratives.

the offense is equal, but this is a better Jaylen Green than we saw last year. There is more balance. This is not the time to abandon what we are doing with him. Although we may get there by Jan 2024.

Im still optimistic.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He did get benched in the 2q didn't come back in at all - blew up in the 3rd, and died off in the 4th......

He has been inconsistent at best this year, though I will admit he has been pretty decent SCORING the ball late - if he keeps that up, I will let him keep starting.

LOL - but I do think him as 6th man is the best situation to win right now.

DD

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

You don't understand rotations, that's ok i understand it can be difficult.

He didn't die off in the 4th. Go back and watch the game but pretend that instead of watching green, your watching kpj.

You would be amazed at how good "kpj" played all night.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

@DaDakota based on your recent threads, you want to bench the guy you want to trade?

Put another way, decrease the value of the player asset and then trade him? G.E.N.I.U.S front office tactics there, you should apply for a position in Rockets FO!

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Nah, he plays that role,but his floor game says more. He can score 20 efficiently and people would wonder how. They thought Bridges was just a 3 and d guy

19. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Much improved D too. But yeah we need more consistency from Jalen especially on the road if we want to win against tougher opponents

RudyTBag and i3artow i3aller like this.
  20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

This fanbase has his nuts in their mouth but tari eason is kind of mid. Hes not a starter