1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 11/29/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 28, 2023.

1. MONON

MONON Member

Considering that the Nuggets are undefeated at home & Fred didn't play, I'm not too concerned about this loss. It would be nice to win a road game though.

cbass, Hakeemtheking, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

violent enough bruh

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Full team I think the Rockets can take another game off them.

4. TimDuncanDonaut

If @Williamson hasn't claimed him, I just might.

When Green and Jabari were rookies; people talk about getting stronger. Whitmore is already strong with a NBA body.

Amen had couple of unlucky injuries (summer league) and reg season. Whitmore played enough games to be summer league mvp, and is healthy.

Tate was DNP, bunch of Tate's minutes could have gone to Whitmore tonight. Reggie Bullock was played over Cam. seriously? :cool:

Lastly (out of context box scores) :p, Cam was +6, whereas our starters were all negatives. :D

[​IMG]

#1004 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 29, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Imagine thinking the team getting completely blown out in a game that was never competitive was a positive.

Ladies and gentlemen, player only fans.

6. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Even SOFs accept Jalen Supremacy... It's over, folks. It's really over.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

We outscored them by 6 points in the 3rd quarter, in which Jalen scored 19 of his 26 points.

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He also played the entire quarter, besides the final 11sec defensive possession. He then instantly started the 4th, and had it got closer, likely would have played the entire 4th.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Encouraging if only they weren't down by 17.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

DeBeards likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Holiday brothers.

12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Jalen can take over a game at times. He just runs so hot and cold! If he can learn to do the other things when he's off like rebound and play defense he can become an extremely important player. I do think he's improving in all of those areas. It was nice to see him take over in the 3rd.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

The Rockets getting blown out is not the fault of Jalen he was clearly the best player this game. In fact if everyone played at Jalen's level this game the Rox would have blown out the Nuggets because he was clearly balling out. You can crap on any player you want but to blame Jalen after he balled out this game is some delulu ****. Dude already took over playmaking duties and had a great game what else do you want?

Why are you somehow pinning the team getting blown out to Jalen? Are you too dumb to realize who is the player playing best on the court? I'm not fixated on Jalen Green but clearly you are obsessed with him that's why even when he plays great you somehow blame him for the team losing. Even a cursory look at the boxscore shows Green played the best but according to you the team getting blown out is his fault? Is he the only one that matters to you? When you think Rockets you think Jalen Green so if the team loses its all his fault no matter what? Even your original post is dumb Af somehow implying Jalen is the reason for FVV's injury. You need to get yourself checked out before you do something dumb like go to Jalen's house.

Why are you so obsessed with Green I have seen posters here ******** on players who play like crap and I have seen posters here drink the Kool aid but being so obsessed with Jalen Green he is the only player you know that's a first.

#1013 roslolian, Nov 29, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    DatRocketFan likes this.
  14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Actually, I said that when he was playing like trash and it was accurate.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is only 21, as he matures he should be more consistent. Personally at this stage I'm just looking at behavior. I mean look at Suggs and Cade, at Y1 Suggs looked like a bust Cade look like a future perennial all star, now at y3 it's opposite.

Jalen's best attribute may be his work ethic and coachability. It's not a surprise he scored for 30 after Ime benched him in the 4rth and he had another great game now after he made dumb plays the game before. He looks like someone who takes accountability and doesn't pout. That's gonna pay off in the long run.

16. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

Rockets shot the ball very well.
    All things considered gotta be thrilled with the season so far.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is almost 22......so this age thing has no direct outcome -
    You are right that this generation is weaker than what we are accustomed to in the past 20 years.

Guys like Kobe or McGrady were MVP type of players when they were 23.

Chris Paul and Duncan were great at 22-23. Not to say Luka or LBJ.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

For me the biggest takeaway this game is Ime needs to look at Cam Whitmore and Williams more. Yes Stone ****ed up with Bollocks and Faildale, but we do have Jabari who can play center and Whitmore and Williams can playback up guard.

So if I were Ime I'd cut Bari's mins at 4 and put Whitmore in the backup backup PF slot and then I'd put a tighter leash on FVV, Holiday and Green. So games like this where Holiday is playing poorly bench him immediately and try out Williams. Tbh Williams is also a bigger guard so you can Def argue he can outplay Holiday consistently cuz he can play defense. Jalen had a great game tonight but on nights where he is cold or lacks aggression Ime should be more willing to give other players a shot.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Those are generational talents. Are you saying standard for Jalen is to be a HOF player? He already failed that it's pretty clear he isn't a generational player cuz like you said those guys show up early. Doesn't mean he can't still be a max player or perennial all star down the line.

Also I find it funny the examples you mentioned are age 22+ while Jalen is only 21.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

B2B, short handed, didnt play so well in 1st half.

But still, we didnt give up. Made them beat us.

Green was good in the 2nd half, Cam got in there and did his thing.
    Sengun is Sengun.

If not for a nightmarish 1st, could have won. Still a loss though, but proud of them.

#1020 jim1961, Nov 30, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    Bo6 and duluth111222 like this.