1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Giddey's game is very fun to watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by James.B.H, Nov 8, 2021.

1. StroudAndYorDaddy

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

IF her parents allowed her to be ran through and there is no statutory situation then Giddey will deal with the societal fallout and not be a criminal while the family enjoys the 15 minutes of fame. With serious allegations like these the defendant has to have a good faith, honest, and reasonable belief that the minor was over the age of consent. Meeting in an 18 and up club is not enough to support this position due to the fact that they continued the relationship afterwards and there should be no doubt in Giddeys mind how old she was on secondary "dates" and most importantly if the report that the relationship turned sexual in California where the age of consent is 18 is accurate this dude is cooked. I think he's a pig personally and dont need for many more details to sway me, but Mr Giddey may want to keep his head on a swivel heading out into public - animals tend to regulate other animals.

StroudAndYorDaddy likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's fine, I accept that you have a somewhat simple minded view on things, the world needs extremists I guess.

If you meet someone in a club where they had to show ID proving they were over 18 just to get in and that person doesn't look underage and tells you that they are 18+, that's a pretty good reason to believe that they are 18+....now her lies wouldn't be enough to save him from a court case if she was in fact underage AND everything happened in a state like California.....but if the testimony is that the only physical things that happened were when they were in Oklahoma, or if she says they never actually had sex, there would be no case.

It's interesting that you'll declare him a "pig" despite the fact that you have no clue how old the girl was or how old he was at the time or how any of this actually happened....you're putting off some strong incel vibes my guy.

4. i3artow i3aller

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Are girls giddy for Giddey?

Giggidy giggidy goo!

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Legally, it's all about the age of consent which differs from state to state.

Morally it's about whether the guy intentionally targets underage girls and repeatedly has sex with multiple of them (podophile) or just happens to like a girl who is under the age of consent.

7. StroudAndYorDaddy

social media applied that pressure, sucks espn or fs1 couldnt do it. But overall this is a great development

8. i3artow i3aller

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Id rather be called an incel for my position than out myself as a pig ass pedo no argument here.

StroudAndYorDaddy likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Now that's funny. Anyway, thanks for confirming what I thought was the issue here with you. Carry on.

11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Do we even know how old she actually is though? Everything hinges on that. Like every news source says "allegedly 15". It's been almost a week and we're still on allegedly. When are we gonna get a confirmed and verified age? For the record I do think she probably was underage but in times like this where stupid **** happens on the Internet everyday you can't act till you have facts. I wouldn't be surprised if something stupid happened like her friend commented "but you're 15" on her tiktok post when she's actually 20 and people just ran with it and blew it up.

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

The comparisons of cases meant nothing until yesterday. Every other case cited had a law enforcement component. This one did not. Now it does and it becomes much more real than just an NBA investigation. One way or another, eventually there will be a statement from law enforcement--or the DA. I can wait.

13. VanityHalfBlack

The NBA been a joke league for sometime now. Ain't nuttin gonna happen to this pedo.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I saw that Bronny liked an instagram post about the FBI investigating this.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It all hinges on the social media source that has been deleted instantly, but other Twitter accounts have essentially re-posted and re-posted the same stuff.

The one leaking source.....or they could just find Olivia Cook (or whatever her name is).....

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The rule is half your age plus seven. Right now Giddey is 21, so that works out to 18 if you round up. If it happened last year, then if she was at least 17 it's acceptable.

18. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Only money talks.....

J.R. likes this.
  19. jerryclark

jerryclark Member