1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UH vs UCF (Season Finale)

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Saturday 11a (in Orlando)

TV: FS1

Radio: 950am

Weather: 74 degrees

Line: UCF -13.5

Totals : 61.5

Moneyline: UCF-550. UH +410

Go Coogs!!!!!!!

2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Another beatdown but as Tillman said Dana is on the right track.

Stephen66 likes this.
  3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

that pic makes me feel like a racist vegan. fall of freshman year

4. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I'm watching Ohio State at Michigan

5. PhiSlammaJamma

We've shutdown B12 kicking all year.

Fulgore likes this.
  6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I don't know how they can bring Dana back.

7. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Don't know why they would want to. He is complete garbage of a coach. Finished a lucky 4-8 for the year. If not for the Hail Mary against West Virginia, the 17-14 win against UTSA, and the 25-24 OT win against Baylor we would have finished the year 1-11. There has to be somebody else out there that can coach, motivate, and recruit talent for our football team and at least make them competitive.

#7 seemoreroyals, Nov 25, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
    DonnyMost likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Never should have hired this guy. Mediocre at best at West Virginia so not sure what they saw in this idiot. Best thing he did here was recruit Tank Dell

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

How has recent recruiting been vs 5 years ago?

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I recorded the game.

By 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter I had no interest in watching anymore and I fast forwarded to the end of the inevitable loss.

Dana has done something I thought not possible. I basically do not give a **** about UH football anymore.

BMoney and YOLO like this.
  12. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

If Gary Patterson is interested in the gig I don’t know how you keep dana. Get that golden nugget slot money.

13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Dana is throwing asst coaches under the bus to save his job. He hinted at it last week after the game.

14. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

There is no timeline where Doug Belk survives. The defense has been absolute ass two years in a row.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  15. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Who in their right mind would want to be coached by CDH if other options were available? Recruiting will always be a problem as long as he is HC. I think you are correct that Belk and other assistants will be thrown under the bus so that TF's drinking buddy gets one more year to turn this dumpster fire around.

I know there is a meeting scheduled some time today to discuss our football program going forward. I am still holding out hope that we have someone in mind to replace CDH. There is never a good time to fire a head coach but it doesn't get any easier kicking the can down the road. I watch all the games and at times it is difficult. Esp when they cut to scenes of CDH ranting like a lunatic pacing the sidelines.

CDH looks so bad when you compare what he has done TO our football program to what Kelvin Sampson has done FOR our basketball program. I know it is probably asking too much to get someone like Sampson as head coach for football but at this point I would prefer just about anyone compared to who we have now.

Crossing my fingers and hoping that the next chapter of Cougar football starts ASAP.

DonnyMost likes this.
  16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

If we hadn't done that stupid ass extension we could fire his ass today scott-free.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-obliterates-group-five-pay-scale/2473825002/

Why the hell you give him that contract when you're about to enter the crucible of the Big 12 a year later is beyond me.

You already knew Dana couldn't hack it in the old Big 12. What makes you think he's going to suddenly turn it around?

He's a G5 level head coach, and middling P5 OC, at best.