1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime needs to give Jalen.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Nov 18, 2023.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ime needs to give Jalen some steroids. ;)

Seriously, he needs to get stronger.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  2. Ancient Moabite

That wasn't my question

But offensively FG% no doubt and being the need to be tighter with his handle that leads to TO's is on the bad side

Its a make or miss league, so hopefully he can start making half of his 10 to 15 shot attempts per game, but at least he is taking shots within the flow and also finding the open man on his drives for most part

And his overall Defense has improved as he is holding his players that he guards to 40-41% early on

We can revisit this after yr 4 is complete, and if he is as bad as you claim, then the Rockets won't extend him, its all on him, I won't lose any sleep over it, or for any other player

Now answer my questions I asked since you claimed to have played sports, were you that guy, or just out there running up n down the court tricking people?

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Bullock is bullocks.
    His ceiling was achieved years ago.

I'd rather give Amen or Cam a chance over him.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Agreed on Cam, or what about starting Eason at SF and move Brooks to SG, and have Jalen off the bench....until he figures it out.

DD

5. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Ime needs to start Tate and let Jalen come off the bench. You get a better defender and higher IQ player at the 2. Jalen may be better in a 6th man role going against 2nd units of opposing teams. Let him get his groove back then come back to the starting lineup when he's ready.

No he doesn't need to get stronger right now. There's a reason why many elite shooters don't like to lift weights. It affects your shot. You can tell his shooting, speed and quickness has been affected. Same with Jabari. If y'all want them to shoot better then they need to not get stronger during the season. They need more reps at their current size.

Stop with all the extra training and go back to the basics. Work on dribbling, first step and shooting. Stop lifting weights and go do some yoga. Ja Morant's not muscular, Gilbert Arenas wasn't, Steph Curry's not, and many others. Jalen doesn't need to be. Sometimes less is more. He needs to get his mind right and get back to the basics.

NewAge likes this.
  6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This may be the dumbest thing you have ever posted. I enjoyed your posts and podcast years ago. Time has not been kind to you. Both Bullocks and Holiday have been disappointing. Can’t wait until Amen adjusts to the NBA, so Holiday is just an emergency play.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Silas didnt have a problem creating open looks for Jalen. Juuuuuuuuuuuuust sayin'

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't like Bullock, but I want anyone but Green ATM....hell I wanted KPJ - before all this hullbaloo....because he was a better fit.

DD

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

needs to get stronger and up his workouts plus develop a killer mindset.

He hesitates too much mentally. Needs to be empowered with the "you go queen!" mindset tbh

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

His 53.1% TS% is a career low, but it's okay because he's only 19 and somehow "trending upwards"

maj21 likes this.
  11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

It depends what the underlying problem with Green is.
    If its under confidence, demoting him may be the wrong move.
    Perhaps reducing his minutes might send the right message instead.

Whatever the case, I dont see any signs Ime or the FO are willing to make such a move.
    If things continue as it, down the road, I could see it.

Brooks ability to score points has been very inconsistent also.

Its early. I know Clutchfans wants any solution to happen immediately.
    The FO thinks much more long term.
    But the time may come where what both want is the same.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He's so streaky, and his on/off streak is so wide. When he's on, he's hitting everything, but when he's off, he can't hit a wide-open two-pointer. It's weird.

Want to see more Green, Sengun PnR.

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Ime didn't play Jaleen none the 4th qtr......Lets see what happens nexr game?

14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

…..a shooting coach?

15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Green got spanked a little by the coach tonight. He's definitely NOT used to that. I think it will make him better.

16. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The new offense isn’t as spread open as last years … you now have Sengun and Bari clogging the paint .. even when Alpi plays up top and out high .. Jalen doesn’t have much of a driving lane because the PnR is with FVV majority of time

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. NewAge

NewAge Member

That's a very good suggestion. Tate has been our 4th best player after the Big Three. He needs to be in the high-leverage minutes.

18. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

What happened to the dog in him in HS?? Sometimes it seems like he is scared. And he would just inbound the ball and go to the corner and it's so frustrating to see.