1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green max extension : 5 yrs - 260 MILLION !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rolliepollie, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Ancient Moabite

Have no prob with who you favor as the said better player, but the reality of being does JG4 deserve a KPJ (KBJ} like deal is comical being that they drafted him and the organic attachment is there even more so for JG4 even though Stone super loved him some KBJ (and gave him the keys to the offense)

Stone acquired KBJ for like a 50-60th overall draft pick, so we are (using Stone's mind, in my opinion) comparing an adopted child to Stone's organic baby and 1st pick as a GM which was the 2nd overall in JG4, it's sort of is going to have the Barrett effect he had on the Knicks front office, which I think Barrett got around anywhere from 120-130$ Million for like 4 yrs

plus the Spurs just re-upped on one of their guards for around 140$+ Million, which kind of sets the market for those tier players which JG4 seems to be in, plus with more upside on star potential

Not saying JG4 will sign for those deals, but I feel it would be more so in that range than the 80$ Million boa constricted team option deal that KPJ got, PR still plays a role in this as well, no matter how we feel about it

This is also based on JG4 improving his game in season and for next season which I give those super young out of HS type players 4 years to showcase what they are going to basically be, similar to how KBJ was going to be who he was coming into his would be 5th season

2. lalala902102001

Jalen Green at this point is not a max player. It's not even worth a discussion IMO.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You don't give guys that probably should be bench players max deals. Unless the kid turns into a completely different player REALLY quickly and maintains that MUCH higher level of performance for the entire season, it would be malpractice by the GM to even consider it.

fattz, NewAge and PeterKingX like this.
  4. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

fattz likes this.
  5. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Clickbait.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Jalen is even not a good starter now.

7. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

You lost me at mistake with Brooks. Dude has lived up to that contract. Really this was a two player bashing post. **** might as well fire Ime

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  8. Melik

Melik Member

Do the people in this forum determine who should get the maximum contract? There are you people who are seriously mentally ill. Don't forget to take vitamin b12!

9. Melik

Melik Member

Do the people in this forum determine who should get the maximum contract? There are you people who are seriously mentally ill. Don't forget to take vitamin b12!

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So they prescribe Vitamins for the Mentally ill.....good to know.

Roomba likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

I knew it! This was all a ploy to get admin priveleges.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

I mean there was that dude saying he wanted to trade Jalen for Banchero, but CF said no.

13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

At this point, he's just too inefficient and inconsistent. I do think he will improve, but giving him a max contract now is a huge gamble. You don't want to lose him for nothing either. I'm glad he's not my problem to deal with because he's not making anything easy.

14. invocux

invocux Member

The only thing i know is that if there is a god up there he will not let this happen.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  15. NewAge

NewAge Member

Right now the $12.5 option for next season looks like an overpay and a critical impediment for next season.

Here are the numbers. With Oladipo expiring, and renouncing Londale and the other Green, we’d have ~$28M in cap space. If Jalen was not picked-up that would have made it $40.3M, even with Tate’s hold. That’s a serious slot for another top player in free agency. With Udoka as a coach and a team on the rise, we would have been seen as an attractive destination. Then, we could have resigned Tate. Oh, well…

16. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

You don't make rash decisions especially in regards to a player that's literally learning how to play actual basketball this year. Let him play out this year and then we'll go from there

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I say pay the man just to see mfers heads explode..

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, of course it is.

And here we are.

CLICK!

Put your faith in the Lord and if He alloweth a s**tload of money unto the coffers of Jalen Green, carveth thyself a pentagram on thine birthday cake, for God hath surely deserted thee.

19. fattz

fattz Member

This is how the Rockets should view Green, IMO. He is the franchise or he isn’t. There are better role players at the same cost he is now at + or - 10M a year. That is starter’s pay.

cdxiong likes this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This would be similar to the disaster that the Westbrook/CP3 trade was.

There is nothing this organisation can do worse right now, than giving Jalen a max extension.

Hell, I'm leaning very closely to just ANY extension, let alone a max one.

Thank god we have a coach now who understands what he sees on the basketball court, and reacts accordingly.

invocux and evo8lover like this.