1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 11/19/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 18, 2023.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Should've been a win, especially with getting that 6th on Davis that was absolutely not an offensive foul and usually does not get called for the home team when someone has 5, especially in such a crucial situation. Referees were more than fair to us so let's dead the argument that more FTs for them was due to the refs.

The Clippers loss was one I could take, since it was perfect to learn from and while this is too, I rather we won since we have to learn regardless. The ball game was obviously lost in the 3rd, turnovers. Jalen Green's handles are just not good and Sengun needs to stay confident all game long. Landale's minutes were largely wasted so really need that center who can have meaningful minutes.

As a team, I do not like those early threes, contested shots and lack of awareness on some of these stats with spacing and not looking for a better option. FVV is guilty of this too much to my liking, but the main culprits are Brooks - this game - Jabari, Aaron & Green. If we clean some of this up, we should be good. Just shitty that dagger 3 hit us again.

#1541 JW86, Nov 20, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
    Y2JT likes this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

How was that not an offensive foul? He threw an elbow at Alpi. Doesn't matter if he wasn't set yet. AD pushed off first..

Boii and roslolian like this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

These people trip over every win and loss. We knew this was a tough stretch of schedule, if we get to January .500 we should consider that a huge win.

Tough loss, but it is what it is.

CF always overhypes wins then doompost on losses.

I always thought BEST case scenario was a play-in spot. Figured we'd find it harder to win on the road and the schedule is actually hell right now, playoff team after playoff team. If we can thread water here we'll be fine. Expecting a loss Monday night too, GSW whistle, Curry will get every call, we know how it goes. We simply have to play above and beyond to beat superstar teams because we have to beat the bias the refs have for their superstars but we are on the up folks.

Be patient.

IvanLCPM, YOLO, OremLK and 4 others like this.
  4. VanityHalfBlack

5. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

No team is perfect. Refs are a part of the game but sometimes refs decide the game. It happens. It's happened twice now. Rockets shouldn't have to overcome extremely bad officiating. No team should. This isn't just a rockets thing. There was a whole scandal and the nba hasn't done much to change that view with the scott fosters and such. You think they're calling that foul on lebron for Brooks at the end of the game if the roles were reversed? Lol I'm proud of what the rockets have done. My hatred for nba Refs goes back to finley stepping out of bounds.

6. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

I thought only German People see everyhting black or white. This is a new formed Team. If you think about, what kind of basketball was played is this a big increase. Close games are not easy to play. This Team played 2 years 0 Defense and now they play very phsysical and hard. The last 2 games was maybe a little bit too hard. Near 30 FTA for the Clippers and Lakers but they will learn to find a balance between defending physical and smart. Better to fight then doing nothing. JG is a high potential Player but he must learn to do right desicions.

Again guys dont be so negative after a lose and extreme hyped after a win. This Team will maybe win again a much games in row and lose also in row. The question is, do you believe that this is good Team or not?! I think this is a very beautiful Team! I love it to watch them if they win or lose. I wake up in the night in germany and watch this games and go after this to work! So enjoy your Team guys!

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Seems like free throws only come up when you lose.

Didnt see anyone saying the refs gifted us the win at home against Denver when we shot 15 more free throws than them.

MadMax, Ubiquitin and daywalker02 like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rox are still way ahead of schedule all the losses have been 1-2 possessions. It's crazy how good this team is now.

Y2JT likes this.
  9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Are people actually dooming over this? Were you actually "beat the full strength Lakers in LA or bust"? This was probably the hardest game on the schedule so far. Glad we fought hard and stayed in it the whole way.

We really ought to beat the depleted warriors though, B2B be damned

10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He's only 21, give the kid time. He's just needs time

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Around the time he put another layup off the back iron I think Ime could tell the dish was bad. No need to cook on this particular night. It's been a string of bad games, and Jalen can show us if he learned from them.

12. Junebball

Junebball Member

I normally like your takes on here, but this is one your bad posts. Brought to himself what? By being competitive? You wouldn't have liked Mad Max back in the day either.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm guessing whoever is swooping in this thread post game complaining about negativity didn't watch the Clippers and Lakers games wire to wire. The slanted officiating was a b****.

People act like if you get the flu twice in a row all you should be saying is "awesome, in the future my immune system might get stronger". Fixating on Jalen Green I guess. There are important things Ime can work on. Jock Landale really needs to get figured out. But mostly the NBA needs to suck it with these refs that don't call contact blatantly on one side of the floor.

clos4life, Hive5 and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Coaching staff underperforming, LOL.

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't stay up to watch the whole game, because I knew lack of free throws called on the Lakers would determine a close outcome. I see that's exactly what happened. Disgusting. They always get favored at home. Always! I don't care when we get called on proper fouls, but it when it doesn't go both ways in any single Lakers home game it's just blatant favoritism. You can't tell me it's not when they get 29 free throws and we get 10. Just like when they got 37 to Portland's 9 last Sunday.

You can't tell me that Brooks and Sengun didn't get fouled shooting the entire game, or that LeBron didn't commit a foul the entire game. Sorry, but I'm gonna raise the big giant BS flag on that one folks. That is why I don't enjoy watching that team. It shouldn't be that way, but the NBA officiating makes them unwatchable for me. No matter how good or bad we play, when it's a close game the officials will save the Lakers every time at home if they get a chance.

#1555 deb4rockets, Nov 20, 2023
    cryout75 likes this.
  16. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I wish we would at least try to suck next year since there is a franchise player in the 2025 draft,

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Sad but true. It’s why the NBA has dropped to #3 for me in pro sports. Although crap/biased officiating is in every sport.

cryout75 and deb4rockets like this.
  18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

No shame to Curry-wannabes shooting a hail mary 3 to win the game. My hope is J(alen) J(bari) builds mentality playing these games. Having mentality is playing defense and most importantly attack the basketball. It seemed to me those 2 got lost during crunch time in consecutive close games. Sengun is succeeding is he does not give a f@#$# who is in front of him, JJs have to have that approach because Silas babied them.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On the bright side, shout-out to our stars!

Sengun 10 rebounds 23 PTS
    Brooks 6/11 3PT, 4 steals 24 PTS
    VanVleet 16 assists and 15 PTS

Sengun and Brooks got called for 9 personal fouls and neither got to take a free throw. Oh, but some say you can't blame the officials. Show me one game where the Lakers played at home and didn't get the most free throws calls. Go ahead and try to find a game. It's not even that as much as the way they decide to make certain calls to give the Lakers the edge, lead, or win.

When the officials only direct fouls towards the better players on one team, like Sengun and you allow LeBron to bump around foul free it's an edge favoring the Lakers. Sengun had to sit out awhile to avoid fouling out, and that makes a huge difference. Oh, but Fred got to take 2 free throws. Big whooping deal. We got two shots at the line from our 3 highest scorers. SMH
    I've said it before and I repeat....this is why I don't watch Lakers home games. I might peek at the score of those games, but am not putting myself through the frustration of hoping it will be fair officiating for once.

#1559 deb4rockets, Nov 20, 2023
    clos4life likes this.
  20. MystikArkitect

Sengun and Green looked star struck still in this game. They respected AD and Lebron way too much and by the time they (Sengun) didn't the game was too close for comfort.

Jalen and Jabari have got to take steps forward and soon. Sengun has. Tari is another that just isn't there yet either. When Jalen is on I feel like this is a 50+ win team. When he plays like yesterday it's a 35 win team. Still bullish on him because his talent is above his peers. It's just mental and attention to detail with him.

Need a win today. Can't go 0-3 on this trip.