1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/17/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Junebball

Junebball Member

I see a lot of people calling out for Amen. I like Amen and I think he will be really good, I don't think he is ready. Holliday has played so well both offensively and defensively. May be not a popular take. Amen shot and decision making are still a suspect. It comes down to you want to win or develop Amen. It surely can't be both

albuster and clos4life like this.
  2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

everyone is talking about the 3rd and 4th quarter but in the second is where the refs really rallied to keep the clips into it. at one point there was 8 fouls called on the rockets and 0 on the clippers.

3. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

When the refs rallied lol! That’s the perfect comment to sum up the game.

fattz, albuster, 13 in 33 and 6 others like this.
  4. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Amen is not ready because he is not healthy. Who is “calling out” for an injured player? We have no idea who is better for those minutes, and frankly neither do the coaches because one of the candidates has played almost no NBA basketball this season. Let him get healthy, practice a lot, get spot minutes, and go from there.

Anyone pretending to know how he will do is just projecting blindly.

Junebball likes this.
  5. Junebball

Junebball Member

We saw him when he was healthy albeit for three games, no?

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It depends on how well he defends. In this game, we lacked height for defense, and the starters were in foul trouble. He would have been very useful.

I thought and would have liked to see Holiday on Harden for a few mins. VV couldn't keep 'slow' Harden in front of him, and he played a bit too many mins (41). Holiday probably has the speed to do so and could have given VV another 5 mins of rest.

Junebball likes this.
  7. MultipleSauces

This game was rigged. The bs foul at .2 seconds left to give them a 6 point lead when the spread was 6 is confirmation

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'd rather have Holiday than Amen right now - better risk - reward.

Holiday is steady and can shoot.

Amen could materialize for a 360 dunk like an apparition at any point.

But he also looks like he could just lose the ball dribbling the ball off a stray fleck of paint into the front row at any second

Teams already know when they see a Thompson twin on the court sag way off him and let him shoot. The Rockets are winning enough to let him do that in RGV.

fattz, Arnel and Junebball like this.
  9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

We played good enough to win and bad enough to lose. We made so many mistakes added up enough to barely cost us the game. Tari's horrible pass to give the Clippers a three at the end of the third quarter, Jeff's traveling on the gather, FVV turnover passing to Brooks in the corner who wasn't there, the refs not giving Brooks free throws on his foul call (bs), Sengun's missed FT in the clutch, Jalen's turnovers and weak finishing, Tate fouling a three pointer shooter. The fact that we almost won despite all of that shows that we can dominate teams if we focus a bit more.

Bo6, PeterKingX, Kevooooo and 2 others like this.
  10. MystikArkitect

Sucks that we got the Clippers when we did. NBA was not letting them lose that one. Now we get the Lakers and its going to be same ****ery. No way they let us beat them at home. Warriors will be an easy W.

Ime needs to figure out how to incorporate Bari baseline plays more. They're spamming the Sengun pick and roll a lot which I get but we need Bari in rhythm and feels like he doesn't get a decent shot in until the 2nd quarter. I've been pretty low on Tari vs everyone else as he's just a chaos merchant right now and seems like that's still the case. Can't shoot, can't finish at the rim and can't make a FT. He's just worse Tate right now. Should get reduced minutes until he learns everything.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I wonder how many losses the Rockets get this year that won't be blamed on the refs. More than 10? Unlikely.

12. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

It took some help from the refs and a ridiculous shot from Harden to win this game. The fact is this team is not only solid on both ends but has a higher ceiling than most of you guys think. Sengun is already a star. The team has defensive chops which is the hardest thing to find. The coach is amazing. Jabari has another year as well as Green but most are overzealous and impatient on the offensive aspect for those two. Whitmore looks like a steal as well and Amen shows great potential . Give it some time guys.

#2312 Poonwalker, Nov 18, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Are you a Rockets fan or a Silver fan? There is a conspiracy against the Rockets to keep us down and the refs are in on it.

14. i3artow i3aller

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Looks like he stepped on Gumby.

16. WestendMassive

Hey it's OK that we lost because the Last 2 Minute Report says Kawhi fouled Jalen with 49 seconds left and we should have got 2 free throws while we were up by 1.

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022300037

I love the Last 2 Minute Reports. They make me respect the refs even more than I usually do. I particularly like how they admit to being wrong but do absolutely nothing to rectify the mistakes or discipline the refs that have messed up. What a wonderful system!

17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I Also questioned Tate on Harden. I would have liked maybe Eason or vf on him. I know bullock has sucked this year but he may have been a better option defensively than Tate too. Hindsight 2020

dmenacela and Arnel like this.
  18. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Great point. Still a young team that is probably getting good coaching for the first time. They got too happy on offense and missed key free throws down the wire. But I am happy bc they stayed in it and didn't seem to get scared.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oh-you-aww.gif

20. WestendMassive

You know I love referees more than anyone. Especially those that are as good at their jobs as these ones! I just look at these smiling faces and smile too. Refs are awesome

Richie_Rich, Bo6, Htown Stros and 3 others like this.