1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/17/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2023.

1. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Alpi and FVV are the captains of our entire offense - rebounds are just a part of what they’re providing on the court. So forgive me, I’m not comprehending your point on this.

I don’t think Udoka has a better alternative than Jabari right now. Tari is too erratic, Tate is too small and Jeff Green is too old to sustain heavy minutes.

But I’m making this point in a setting where Jabari was not even close to being the biggest problem. So I’ve stated my point and I’m moving along.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

It took the refs for the Clippers to win.....no chance without the foul differential even with the TO and bad play at the end. These refs know they are officiating a game where 4 absolute superstars have lost 6 in a row and are on the snide. The INJECT themselves into the game instead of letting the players decide the issue. LouBron James and the Lakers will be more of the same unfortunately.

3. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Just got back from the game. My worst case scenario came true - thought we would lose to a Harden 3 and it happened.

Who fouled Harden on that 3?

F'n Harden...

WestendMassive and Dredd like this.
  4. AuburnRocket

That's fine...and a good move. I can remember a couple of instances where you didn't move on regarding him. My point BTW is really simple... a rebound is a rebound...it don't make a frig if you are a team captain or what, it means YOU have the ball instead of the other team. Rebounds, which Jabari is normally the 2nd or 3rd best each game, MATTER. ALL of them.

5. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I'm waiting for that myself.
    But he's got a lot of work to do to improve his game but his sheer athleticism is fun to watch.

On a bad note when Amen, Jalen and Jabari are in the game at the same time it will DEFINITELY be the worst dribbling 5 in the league!

Junebball, Arnel and Dredd like this.
  6. Rocketeer4Life

I expected Tate to guard Harden better with that 4 point play considering how much they've practiced with each other in Houston. But these refs were horrible tonight. I was watching the Clippers telecast and it was so obvious that the refs cooked this game..

Zen Tabak and albuster like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

8. AuburnRocket

Pretty much in agreement on what you say. You do have to learn how to win.....these young guys have been involved in a lot of losing so far.Despite their backgrounds in college GLeague etc, they are finally getting some coaching and the veteran presence can't be overstated..they've been there before. Agree on Ime...however, Uncle Jeff was absolutely not on his game tonight in the 14 mins. he did play.At his age, he can't consistently play big minutes IMO.Agree...superstar calls have always and will continue to happen...like Sunday. Last year's team would have caved....big progress.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Huge blunder. Powell jumped out and snared that ball resulting in a Clips 3. Rox could of inbounded but tried too much with too little time. Udoka hope you're taking notes.

eliefor3 and Stephen_A like this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Is Jabari still trying to find his way?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bari is finding the All Star Break.....the Break.

coachbadlee likes this.
  13. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I was out all night. Just saw that we fouled Harden on a gdm three.

:mad:

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

Shakespearian Ending.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. fattz

fattz Member

Two are fixable (in time) and still rotational players while the other two are rotation worthy despite the limitations. This a great situation to be in, making us a solid deep team. We won’t look the same in April. This is not the finished product.

ramotadab likes this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

Harden does Harden things; he got us tonight.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oedipudian ending.......killed Dad, married Mom.

18. fattz

fattz Member

After watching Udoka post game, how can one not be impressed?

We are going to be great again, and soon.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is an intense character, now I am starting to understand why he needed to blow off steam.

He is sort of a JVG but younger and better....but they are pretty tough guys.

clos4life and fattz like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Teaching moments, got to play disciplined on the road too many stupid mistakes by everyone on the team.

DD

eliefor3 and fattz like this.