1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] James Harden's Los Angeles Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 30, 2023.

1. StroudAndYorDaddy

the clippers being stingy in that harden trade ended up hurting the clippers in the long run. They have way too many guards on their roster right now

corrado likes this.
  2. Asian Sensation

If we’re being “honest bro” how about you admit you’re @HardenVolumeOne and @RocketsDraftTV and a racist F*ck.

Like I said nobody joins ClutchFans in October 2023 and posts in the Dish about James Harden with the same bs you always been doing. Funny how you reference old Harden threads as well.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Man you gotta keep up. Not sure where you saw me state Philly was rebuilding. I replied to someone about his exit from the Rockets. He left a team that had just canned Morey/let him leave, whatever, and was about to start rebuilding.

Also, he overrated his worth...by taking Morey for his word as to him getting compensated in the future for what he left on the table? In that case yes. And yes he had little leverage because he couldn't come right out to the league and say how Morey promised him $$ and then reneged. Either way, as far as Philly goes, James was a fool. At some point if he hasn't yet, he needs to get himself a damn agent again. He thought he and Morey would be tight forever apparently.

4. ferrari77

Tell me you're not seriously bringing salary into reading into my mention of how both of their Clippers careers started out. Y'all were talking about his "poor" play so far in his Clippers tenure and how they hadn't won anything and I brought up how Westbrook started similarly but now you'd like to shift goalposts? lol foh

If WB is cool coming off the bench why doesn't he do it now? He brings Wayyyyyyy more energy than Harden so that would be more useful off the bench than Hardens slow ass. Nope, he wants to start too. They all do.

Are you a Clippers fan? Talking about chemistry. Did you watch them prior to Harden going there? Their chemistry wasn't anything special. They were beating **** teams and thinking they were special. Now they are playing better teams and struggling. Also, fcking up rotations had more to do with Ty and his coaching initially. Now he has figured out how to stagger his four star players and they at least look better than they did the first couple of games after signing Harden.
    It's always Harden's fault in the eyes of pure haters like you, good lawd. See, I can appreciate Hardens time in Houston but I can also call out his faults and the shitty aspects of his game. I'm 100% sure you have nothing positive to say about Harden but yeah keep going on about fanbois. I just call it like I see it and I prefer not to pile on needlessly especially when some of the piling on is incorrect.

5. ferrari77

CP3 was showing signs he was breaking down. I didn't like the WB trade, I was never a CP3 fan until he came to the Rockets but I appreciated CP3 when he was here. Did Harden force Morey to trade for WB? Did he tell him it's CP3 or me? Unless you have the answer to that I'd wager Morey made the final call on that move and just ran it by James as most GM's do with star players.
    You say they catered to his every want and wish as if MVPs and star players don't have that done for/to them by whichever team they are on in the league(Miami to an extent might be a little different) but when it's James that's an issue for you. Y'all have selective memory and biases that you won't admit. Why did Harden jump ship? Did Tilman keep Morey on? Oh, Darryl left? Wow. Was Tilman ready to run it back? Was he ready to splash the cash and go after top free agents? Oh he wasn't? He was ready to cut costs? Oh wow. Sounds like a situation most MVPs would stay in right? Lol y'all are ridiculous.
    You give him all the credit for the Rockets mess and rebuild as if the GM at the time had zero say in things and as if the new owner helped things. Who knew Morey was such a puppet. Always thought he was a grown a$$ man and a GM capable of making his own decisions. When the trades and acquisitions turned out right it was all Morey. When things turned out bad it was Harden right? Harden the player/GM lol.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

There is one thing worse than a Harden hater.
    A Harden only fan.

The impact Harden has on the Clippers is so obvious that I am not going to even dignify your response by trying to convince you.

VickMackey likes this.
  7. ferrari77

Thankfully for me I'm a Rockets fan not a "Harden only fan" so I'll assume the $hit you wrote was for someone else. Some of us can navigate not being a Harden hater or a Harden only fan(crazy concept huh) If that's difficult for you to do then feel free to say so and be on your way. Nevertheless, thanks for not bothering to try to convince me of whatever you were going to write.

SamFisher likes this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

FINALLY a bbs member willing to criticize James Harden.

ferrari77 likes this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Why dont you join in, unless you just cant find anything about Harden worthy of criticism.
    If that is the case, then that is my definition of a Harden only fan.

BTW, I am defining a HOF as one who ignores any flaw and only sees everything wonderful about him.
    Maybe my definition needs revision? Perhaps.

10. StroudAndYorDaddy

harden was criticized here when he played for the rockets

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. ferrari77

It doesn't need any revision, your definition applies. But I'm pretty sure just on this thread alone i've stated some issues with him(the way he left is an obvious one), literally on this page(his pace of play for one as well as his naivete in dealing with a front office/GM). There's tons more he can be criticized about but you all do that so well and so often enough that why would I bother? I would bet SamFisher has also criticized things about Harden in the past but because one decides not to go along with the mob in hating every single thing he does, that doesn't mean one is a Harden only fan. Sometimes a nuanced take can be found or had in discussions about him.

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I cant disagree with this.
    And sometimes, I feel that way myself. Depends on my mood.
    But usually, I feel provoked into it by those that because he was one of our greatest players ever, which I agree with, seem to feel that his shortcomings are of no consequence.

ferrari77 likes this.
  14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Harden is like these college kids I teach - they come from high school where everything is given to them on a silver platter and they have to do nothing. All they have to do is show up and take space and they get their A - Morey and the Rockets FO never held Harden accountable for anything and he has gotten used to being coddled and doing whatever he wants. We have already seen that his patented move out of his playbook is that when things aren't going well for him is just to pout and make life difficult for everyone else on the team until he gets his way. I think it is hilarious that the Clippers have yet to win a game since he has joined them and hope the Rockets beat them by at least 40 tomorrow night.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

ngl I'm rooting for it to get worse for Harden for everything he has put me through. (it's getting bad im starting to feel bad for him)

If he turns it around I would root for him to win a ring.

but im all about Harden schadenfreude right now. lol

ferrari77 and ElPigto like this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Russ with the 4D move.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Confirmed: Russ is the cerebral PG Chris Paul could only ever hope to be.

Easy and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. ferrari77

That's what it should have been all along. His energy is so much more valuable whether as a starter or on the bench than James. James isn't giving you a boost or a spark whether starting or off the bench so you might as well just start him. Good on WB and this is something Ty Lue should have discussed with him before Harden even got into town or during that first week(if they didn't discuss it).
    I do think they'll be a little better with this move, the Theis signing and Ty finally figuring out how to stagger their minutes and pair two at a time.
    Hopefully they don't have it figured out tonight though lol. Need them to lose to the Rockets and then they can go see what happens vs the Spurs.