1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 11/12/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 11, 2023.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think my biggest surprise is the original you said about Jalen improving outside the statistical realm. I did expect him, and still do expect him to improve statistically. But i am absolutely stunned by the "maturity" growth on the court. I expected more effort sure but not to this level and not this successfully. Really pleased because i see his offensive growth with the improved vision and passing and the much stronger left hand. That is pleasant and was expected, but his effort on D and running through screens i was not expecting, yet at least. So him being able to contribute when hes ice cold is so encouraging. This is much more encouraging to me for his chances of becoming a superstar. i think he always had all star talent offensively and will get there, but his defensive contributions will dictate whether he is a superstar.

I was expecting Senguns growth so its not as surprising, albeit i will say i didnt quite expect him to be this good overall. His passing vision reminds me of draymond out of the block. He is the real deal and our best player. I love seeing the offense run thru him quite a bit. Its a great change from iso and perimeter focused play.

2. conquistador#11

So no Rockets basketball for 5 days. Great for those recovering from sprains.
    [​IMG]

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Strange schedule so far, indeed.

4. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

[​IMG]

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Absolutely AGREE....Silas wasted Jabari's rookie year, he wasted 2 of Jalen's and Alpy's. Further agree....finding out how you "fit" is very important. I think Jabari is still looking for where he does fit in this offense. It's unreal...I watched Gordon bully other Rockets players last night but people only seem to remember it happening to Jabari. EXPERIENCE is what Jabari is missing...as well as our other young core. Coaching before Ime was NON EXISTENT. Silas ran a playground helter skelter offense where players had almost total freedom and there was little to no ACCOUNTABILITY. Agree onj Jalen and what it opens up FVV/Sengun.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

7. AuburnRocket

That's exactly what I said in my last paragraph....he is willing to to do that....he wants to WIN.

roslolian likes this.
  8. AuburnRocket

Well, he is the second leading rebounder (7.0) on the team behind Alpy. Just think what he could do if he boxed out more. Rebounding is pretty important. Percentage wise, he is one of the best shooters on the team. (Some one posted that in this thread). Honest question...how much do you think Jeff knowing the Nuggets plays and calling them out mattered ? A little bit, factored in, didn't factor ? Jeff does have a world of experience and nothing wrong with Ime having him...in fact, it was a good move and more importantly paid off.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. DreamQuake

DreamQuake Member

Brooks called it. He gave the hand sign for flipping right after that call.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Man, refs calling charge on plays that later get assessed flopping fines must be pretty embarrassing for them. I trust it’s more than just an embarrassment.

was that Tony Brothers?

12. VanityHalfBlack

Alight which CF member is this? Speak up!
    [​IMG]

roslolian and maypk like this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Do we have these stats for the Pelicans game? That was horrendous.

What is Silver going to do about it?

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That's @Jontro

roslolian, Jontro, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  15. VanityHalfBlack

16. pippsux

pippsux Member

I think JG is trying to be an all star and I get it, he feels he is the man on this team and needs to put up numbers.

But Sengun is the man. Better to play from the post or have a big run the offense from the high post, like Jokic and Sabonis do. But try telling a young player like JG to not Chuck the ball when he has been weened on Mamba mentality

Hopefully JG understands that he and Sengun can do damage for the next 10 years if they play off each other

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I guarantee you that the coaching staff is asking Jalen to be aggressive and break down defenses and take these shot attempts.

Why are people so insistent that there can only be one star? Jalen Green in 9 games didn't take a statistical jump to be a star yet so I guess at 21 it's over for him to take the leap? Jesus christ people have absurd takes. Green in the next 10 games can start matching his energy and effort on the defensive end that he's been showing during the winning streak with consistent offensive production and the media will start saying there are two stars.

Just have patience.

#1477 fchowd0311, Nov 14, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
  18. maypk

maypk Member

Both Jalen and Alperen are special talents. They are lucky because they finally have a great coach and a selfless champion point guard playing next to them. It will be so fun to watch this duo grow together. I wouldn't mind if Jalen becomes Jamal Murray of Sengun, or if Sengun becomes Pau Gasol of Jalen.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The Jokic Murray dynamic is a bit more one sided as Jokic is the obvious perennial MVP candidate while Murray is more of a all-star at his best and not a MVP level player.

Green isn't going to have the career of Kobe(I mean that would be awesome but I'm being realistic) but his ceiling is higher than Murray.

I think Sengun is going to fall somewhere between Jokic and Sabonis which is where Pau Gasol lands.

So it'll be like Pao and a lesser version of Kobe.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Chris Paul owes the league about 3.5 billion with a B.