1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela ....... Available?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rolliepollie, Nov 13, 2023.

1. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Capela is a no brainer IMO. He fixes Rockets 2 glaring holes - rebounding and rim protection.

Not sure if you play him and Sengun together or have Capela off the bench - that's for the coaches to figure out. Either way, he'd be a much better option than Landale

2. Newlin

Newlin Member

If all we had to give up is Landale, oladipo and a second round pick, then I would do it. I think coach could figure out a way for him to fit in the rotation, and we could certainly use his rebounding and rim protection.

waytookrzy079 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That article sucked, however, the way I see it, Atlanta has another young center on the bench that brings similar value than Capela. If they wanted to give him a starting role and have Landale back him up, that wouldn't be so bad, plus you can get a draft pick asset from the Rockets. I'd go for it if I were the Rockets. Capela is still young and would fit a bench role perfectly.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He did??

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Love my fella Capela. Came into the league with a WARP stat like Marcus Smart. Grabs boards, a lob threat…he’s worth getting looked at for back up C.

6. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

For Landale and Dipo shire. Jeff is almost 40 and I don’t think we can depend on him long term as a closer . Its good to have options and variety

AroundTheWorld and HD729 like this.
  7. Soneca

Soneca Member

maybe my memory is exaggerating a bit, but he had some great games and we beat them maybe 10 times in a row during a stretch between 2018-2020. The team with CP3 was great, of course, but Clint running up and down the court gave Jokic lots of problems IIRC. I wouldn’t give up any valuable picks though. Probably’s not happening anyway.

HD729 likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Any big that can somewhat deter Jokic should be well sought after. Clint off the bench would be perfect. Then start him in our playoff series against the Nuggets.

Soneca likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t like Capela defensively. He can rebound and finish as a runner but he isn’t good enough IMO when you consider he doesn’t stretch the defense at all.

groovemachine, No Worries and jim1961 like this.
  10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

Not sure I understand why Atlanta would consider that deal. Do they need to dump salary immediately or something?

Aruba77 and groovemachine like this.
  12. plegus

plegus Member

It is arguably expected from them to blow it up other than Trea and Jalen. Havent looked too much into it to know whether it makes sense or not.

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Clint has got the worth more than just some salary dumps, Tate and trash picks.

That said, he would be a perfect backup big and would get a very warm welcome home from the fans.

14. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

A 20mil backup? Too damn expensive. And not sure Capela would like the limited role.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Love Clint. He's good. But I think Biyombo would be good enough. If Clint is willing to get paid less and be a backup, then sure, I'll happily take him. But he has no reason to make those concessions at this point in his career.

Aruba77 likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think Capela makes a ton of sense on this team considering it gives one extra year of having a large salary for trades plus he would be a solid back up. Atlanta may be on the verge of going in a different direction and it doesn't make much sense to keep Capela around much longer when they have another viable back up that can potentially produce similarly to Capela at a lesser cost.

It does suck that he cannot stretch the floor though, so that would be my concern since we already have Amen Thompson playing in the bench line up that cannot space the floor.

17. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Atlanta is looking to promote its young back up center. Capela is living through what Dwight lived here when he was the backup. Timeline does not align, either.

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Agree on it filling salary to keep for next season. Unless Tari goes to the starting lineup or is going to be out a really long time, I don't see much need in a non-shooting backup center.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

OO is their future starting center yes but Atl isn't going to just give CC away for free. I mean if it's that easy to grab him with that scenario proposed go for it but I don't think that's enough

20. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

The Capela problem is the Hawks are trying to win, so Tate, 2nds, and salary filler does nothing for them. They would likely want one of our young 6, or a first.

Aruba77 and YOLO like this.