1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] James Harden's Los Angeles Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Major

Major Member

Crazy what happens when guy thinks he's his own system. Imagine Michael Jordan telling Phil Jackson to scrap the triangle because he couldn't play in a system.

roslolian, ramotadab and B-Bob like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was a great Quote, he is just not good enough to hold his end of the deal.....but still a great Quote.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I would be so frustrated.. we had to watch this every time Harden didnt have the ball.

roslolian, grape and KingCheetah like this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, maybe, but I thought it made him sound fat. ... And also maybe fat-headed.

roslolian, kjayp and daywalker02 like this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

Kyrie as the voice of reason?

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I remember Harden said after a year in Brooklyn that he was still trying to figure out how to fit.

roslolian likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He sucks......overall barring a few good games.

This feels good now without an army of Harden fans coming ...

roslolian and B-Bob like this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Harden DID give Dwight post ups. Plenty of them. But even when Dwight couldn't recapture Orlando Dwight, the gameplan was still "give the ball to me a bunch and let me go to work." Dwight frustrated that he couldn't do well in the post. Harden frustrated that despite this, Dwight still kept trying. And when they eventually went away from Dwight, you could see Dwight's body language get worse and worse. It's not like Harden never tried to let Dwight cook in the post. Dwight's biggest strength when we signed him, was defense and rim-running - like how Capela was so good with Harden. Honestly, if Dwight swallowed his pride and became purely a PnR rim-runner, he'd have been such a good player during his tenure. Shame that Dwight couldn't see that.

Harden's strength isn't him playing off-ball and deferring to someone else. His PnR with Embiid was ranked really really high...why? Because he was the primary ballhandler, and Embiid was who Dwight should have been - an elite PnR guy. Unfortunately, that's just how it is with Harden - he can't be a Klay Thompson or Ray Allen and be a catch-and-shoot guy, because that's just not his game. Should he have learned to adapt somewhere along the line? Sure. But it's a moot point now, and even if he tried to NOW, in 2023, it's too late. That's always been who he is.

Mentioning Steph and his titles is strange behavior. Different skillsets, different basketball situations.

ferrari77 likes this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Paul George is clearly a system player. :D

B-Bob likes this.
  11. StroudAndYorDaddy

Yawn

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

He said he's his system. Did he tell Ty to scrap the system?
    FYI Mike didn't want the triangle initially. Neither did Kobe. Eventually they adjusted. It's been three games. James will adjust. Relax. Ty isnt Phil and Ty's "system" or whatever one may call it, isn't the Triangle.

#472 ferrari77, Nov 11, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
  13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Looks like one of the main reasons they've lost 3 games in a row... and looks like a Paul George problem.

14. Asian Sensation

I see the racist idiot @HardenVolumeOne aka @RocketsDraftTV is trying to slide back in here as @StroudAndYorDaddy.

Nobody joins ClutchFans in October 2023 and posts in the GARM to defend a bum ass loser like Jim Harden. Can’t wait for you to deny and play dumb again. I see you chump.

roslolian, grape, daywalker02 and 2 others like this.
  15. Asian Sensation

@Salvy
    @Os Trigonum

smell familiar?

Salvy likes this.
  16. Salvy

Salvy Member

I had a feeling this was someone's alt when I saw that "yawn" post, you nailed it....

cheke64 and roslolian like this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

New account same old Harden, a franchise destroyer....

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. StroudAndYorDaddy

you have the wrong guy, not a harden fan but im calling a spade a spade. how can the media get mad at rodney harrison for going in on zach wilson. When to be fair most people were saying zach wilson sucked. And turn around months later and support this guy for doing the same exact thing to james

And why would i root for a team that has employed a coach that at best is a serial adulterer and at worst is a sexual predator. Sorry not spending money on the rockets till they hire a new coach, dont care about wins when we are setting an example that its ok to abuse power and prey on vunerable women in the workplace

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

cheke64, Salvy, JumpMan and 1 other person like this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No one is falling for this. You can stop pretending.

cheke64 and Asian Sensation like this.