1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 11/10/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 9, 2023.

1. WestendMassive

Imagine trying to claim the 08-09 Rockets weren't the coolest team in NBA history who didn't win a championship. Bill Simmons is such an a-hole

2. Fantasma Negro

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

All the sports media guys hated watching us play during Harden's prime. Too much ISO/too many threes/too many foul shots were the usual complaints. And to take a step back and be perfectly honest, yes, it's fun when you're a fan of the team and you're invested, but it is kind of boring when you're not. I can see that now after watching Harden with other teams for awhile.

Anyway, for me this is currently the most fun I've had watching the team since 09-10, which was less fun than 08-09 but still has a close place in my Rockets-loving heart for battling its way to a winning record as an island of misfit toys, like a scrappy sports movie. Battier, Lowry, Scola, Landry, and Hayes in particular. Grit and grind, hustle and heart, all the cliches.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Everyone has their own preference but anybody that says harden valiantly attempting to overcome the golden state warriors dynasty wasn't fun to watch is just lying to themselves. When a team like gsw gets pushed to the brink that's way more entertaining than watching curb stomps year in and year out. The end result wasn't in our favor but at least we didn't get curb stomped.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I watched the interview last night of Sengun, and from around 3 minutes on Sengun said things about Fred, Dillon, and Jeff that tells me their value is priceless right now. Sengun said it himself. They have been the motivators and mentors pushing these young guys to play harder. He says they will NOT allow them to sulk and get lazy. He said the energy is different than last year, and Fred was in his head those last 8 minutes last night, pushing him. They are great mentors for these young guys. These kids are learning and maturing from guys who won't put up with someone slacking. That's priceless.

6. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Feels good to feel good about the Rockets again. Really dig this team, just glad to see the fight.

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I bet Silas is somewhere thinking that if he had fred and dillon things would've been different.

Meanwhile Ime is really the kind of coach that can beat you with his guys, then take yours and beat his guys with yours.

Different mindsets.

You dont have to have superstar players or a loaded roster to play hard and not do goofy **** all game.

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Agree 100%. The teamwork and hustle is so much more fun to watch for me that our old days with dribble dribble dribble shoot ISO with Harden. I hated that crap so much. It was too slow! It was one guy taking 20 or 30 3's, after standing there dribbling the clock down. Then, his lazy defense made me want to pull my hair out half the time. Yeah, he was great at passing the ball, and a great shooter, but was also a one man show half the time, no matter how bad he was shooting.

This group is different. Way different. We may not have the greatest shooters in the league, but our guys are hustling their butts off. Our defense isn't lazy! Guys are out there throwing themselves across the court fighting for the steal. They aren't all about trying to sling their arms out for a foul call every time they drive to the paint. They are so fun to watch, and I am finally enjoying Rockets basketball again. A lot of that credit goes to our new great mentors and motivators forcing these young kids to push, push, push, and teaching by example. There will be no sulking or giving up!

Arnel, OremLK and Xerobull like this.
  9. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

It was not the best game last night but you need to learn how to win ugly games like this! Its very important, that you got leader player like FVV or DB. Player like them gives you hold specially at situations like this. DB and Sengün bring the game with their energie back and FVV made 2 very big 3´s! You can destroy a team that makes very fun but winning a game like last night gives more! I waked up 2 o clock in the night and cant sleep after this match! It was really beautiful!

Arnel, bcast89 and Thefabman like this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And that turnover differential resulted in ~10 more shots at the basket.

When you get more shots at the baskets like that, you can still win vs a team shooting better.

subtomic likes this.
  11. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I could only watch highlights bc of this stupid N.O. blackout in Bama but man them playing beautiful ball moving basketball with hustle defense combined with the fighting back and clutching a win tonight...we finna see Sunday but I'm hoping after Sunday we can start breaking out the "it's happening isn't it?" gif
    Rockets are exciting to watch again finally.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He killed it. Who's that broadcaster?

BigMaloe, napalm06, Dobbizzle and 4 others like this.
  13. MystikArkitect

Have had to tell YT to ignore content from that guy. Basically has like 5 media votes because he coordinates all of the dudes that work for him to vote in unison.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol why does everyone think players have to be certain things? What does “the guy” mean anyway? Players don’t have to be anyone but themselves. Not everyone can reach superstar level and fans need to temper their emotions and expectations. Jabari is still a good player giving you 13 and 7 plus defensive effort every night. Shot over .500 previous 5 games. These are signs of a good player. Again players grow and develop. Who knows where he will be in 2-3 years but for now we know he is better than last year for sure. Lol

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Finally someone has the balls to tell it like it is!!!

GotGame15, Dobbizzle and Amiga like this.
  17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Facts! He definitely improved that shot this year. Very effective and dependable.

saleem likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He won 2-3 points?!

Jontro likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Haha

Honestly though, I wish they would rip that that big credit karma patch off the front. If you are gonna advertise some sponsor, at least do it with more class and have Mercedes, Cadillac, BMW or someone else on that jersey.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is actually commendable, in case they play the role of the cuckoo who would be traded for other incoming stars.

That would be actually unfortunate if they did not get to see the end result.

That is business I guess.