1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best half in three years.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Coaching. Effort. Growth. Teamwork.

All in the same half. This is the most I’ve enjoyed a game since 2018.

robbie380, Rashmon, Arnel and 22 others like this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

Literally just texted someone this lol

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hopefully, it is a glimpse of what we will be seeing regularly.
    • Senhub
    • Unselfish play
    • Team effort
    • Making threes
    • Defense with a sense of urgency

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Silas is a basketball terrorist

I knew Udoka would be an improvement but I underestimated how much of a loser Silas was.

5. invocux

invocux Member

It's beautiful. This team is extremely well balanced. There are shooters, defenders, cutters, playmakers, x factors.

Arnel, Bo6, BHannes2BHonest and 9 others like this.
  6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

We look actually good. Love it. People should stop being so negative all the time, we're literally seeing the core come together before our eyes. Sengun running the show, Green the walking bucket and Jabari the swiss army knife. THIS is what we've been waiting for.

Patience, Y2JT, RudyTBag and 8 others like this.
  7. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Less flashy and exciting plays than last season. But much more fundamentally sound, focused, consistent. Makings of a really solid basketball team.

j@amc, fattz, NewAge and 1 other person like this.
  8. MultipleSauces

The margarita shirts are dope

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Silas years should be deleted from Rockets history .

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

NSFW. Do not look at this. Don't. DON'T.
    [​IMG]

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Best full four quarters of basketball in 3 years.

Just wow. Don't know if this is really how bad Silas was or if Ime is a legend coach in the making.

O-dawg, Rolliepollie, fattz and 3 others like this.
  12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like I got my team back! KPJ and Silas stole my joy the last 3 years.

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its surprising considering we lost KMJ, folks had me convinced we lost a franchise player...

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Eason will be a game changer if the starters can bring the effort on defense like they did tonight often enough. Then you have the definition of energy coming off the bench it will be fun to watch.

O-dawg, fattz and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A sensational half. When VanVleet ended it with a heave from Mars, it was like a dagger that sucked the life right out of the Kings. I don’t know how many games we’ll have like this during the season, because luck is a fickle thing, but I’m going to savor the ones our guys give us.

BallSoHarden, Arnel, O-dawg and 5 others like this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

NO

We should teach a children about him and people like him so not to repeat it. Value our history.

Silas - nothingness with a smile. (We left because we got silassed by the waiter)

KPJ - flashy out of control that hurts self and others. (He keeps KPJ’ing that bullet bike down the freeway).

Both should now be everyday words that should be spoken as to remember not to repeat. We should thank both of them for lessons learned. I enjoy our team even more because of the low points both provided. Go Rockets!

BallSoHarden, Dobbizzle and subtomic like this.
  17. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I am happy to see the defense has come back. You know a team is trying hard when you see the effort on the defensive end. They were running people off the three point line, getting lots of deflections, and just overall moving better as a defensive unit. Also glad to see everyone chipping in on offense, makes the game easier for everyone.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Defense is half of all possessions i.e. half the contribution needed to win. It doesn't cost as much as offense, it doesn't require insane athleticism, it's way steadier than offense (leads to more consistent play). That means (roughly) if you sign the second best defensive wing in the NBA who sucks at offense, it's the same as signing the second best scoring wing in the NBA who doesn't play defense. Yes I know the marketing and ESPN analysts have not been telling you that, but it's true if you look at playoff outcomes each year. In 99% of cases in NBA history, the team that wins the championship is top 10 offensively AND defensively, so the rule changes and the era changes have little to no impact on the fact that half the possessions you play defense and half the possessions you play offense. Offense is like 1% more important than defense, and that's only at the end of the game if you control the possession.

To be an excellent defense and offense is to be a contender for the title, so there was no chance we were going to be good at both this season. I do think we will be a top 10 defense and a top 20 offense this season. I'm glad we chose to focus on defense (FVV, Brooks, Landale). I'm glad we're making Jabari, Sengun and Green share the ball more than ever rather than throw them to the fire. As a unit, Sengun/Jabari/Brooks/Green/FVV can score enough this season, and they could be a top 10 offense next season.

Udoka is a special coach, not just your next HC of the year winner. He is going to have an elite coaching career imo and there couldn't be a better fit for us. Patient game-to-game improvement without ever getting too high or too low is the best strategy. Obviously the Kings suck without Fox, but it's just apparent in the way we play and communicate that we are serious. This team is playing professional unselfish basketball and I love it.

#18 Mathloom, Nov 7, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    Arnel, Rashmon, O-dawg and 5 others like this.
  19. j@amc

j@amc Member

The Rockets finally have a reset after the Harden years. It took hiring the best coach, the best available point guard, the best available wing, and a few other veterans placed around good, young talent. This is the way to rebuild a franchise.

Everything else (all the drama, bad hirings, science experiments on the court) was unnecessary and a bit of a disaster for our reputation. Stone is finally letting basketball people call the shots. He should keep scouting and paying attention to available talent, but don't mess this up. Keep listening to the basketball people.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is the 2nd or 3rd best way. The best way was to draft Wemby, Paolo or Cade or whoever was the best player.

If you do not have the luck and cannot sign someone like Jaylen Brown or Zion Williamson, you go with FVV and Brooks.