1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not getting Wemby…

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan11, Nov 4, 2023.

1. Peak Red

Peak Red Member

Why would stone need to go if he didn’t have control on the lottery picks and players taken before his pick?

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Rokman likes this.
  3. Rokman

Rokman Member

Can you imagine if Olajuwon had Wembys body? He would have had 20 blocks per game.

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  4. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

we didn't have a choice of bari over chet, chet went #2.

maybe you mean jalen green (#2) or evan mobley (#3)?

bluffkin, dragonwill and javal_lon like this.
  5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I stand corrected. Lol

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

It's this city man....when we're supposed to win, we lose. We win championships and then rebrand into a joke wearing pinstriped dildos with shark teeth. We have dynasty expectations and lose year in and year out failing to make a title game, much less a superbowl and then watch the team skip town. We get nationally accepted asterisks on all our championships. We wear letterman jackets to hype ourselves up as the cocky team to fear when we've done nothing, only to embarrass ourselves on national tv.
    The Stros had their first real run of a near dynasty and even if they left some on the table, it was a hell of a run but you can tell they are due for decades more of mediocrity once again. The Rockets as we currently know them are at best one day a middling playoff contender for a few years before starting over again. In your heart of hearts, you know the Texans will always be a mediocre brand of football. We didn't care about the comets and we don't care about the Dynamo as they won championships because we know deep down it's the major sports teams that make your city a winning city. That trashy, dirty little town and their little river walk is known as a dynasty town. They may have 10 titles by the end of the decade while we hold on to our asterisks championships of yesteryear.

....and we accept mediocrity. Time and time again, the fans show up for the same old mediocre product because the city is afraid and submissive. The one time they stood up collectively and said "NO! We will not accept this mediocrity!" and stopped showing up to games and the city refused to pay for most of the cost of a new stadium-the owner took off with the team. New Yorkers and Californians coming into town every year ruining this city. Fortune 500 companies everywhere. Yet we routinely have the cheapest, poorest owners who always have to cut costs.

Bringing back the heart breaking underachieving Oilers name and colors wont change anything, because they'll still be the same mediocre franchise. Bringing back the Rockets championship colors wont change anything...

It's this entire loser city that needs a full rebrand from ownership to all the old jaded fans. All of us have to go and stop passing on our bitterness to the younger generations. Burn it all down. Stop going to games. Let the stadiums be filled with young,loud beer drinking fans with high hopes and open hearts. I still remember being young, drunk and hype still believing we could recapture the championship years of my childhood where id see the adults screaming their heads off at Rockets games and im now being told to please not use curse words at a Rockets playoff game against the Jazz. I remember being told to please sit down at another playoff game during crunch time in a close game. I remember their faces and the timid, polite tone in their voices. I remember i submitted to their loser mentality and sat down and just watched quietly as we'd go on to lose proving the quiet older fans right that it was pointless to get loud. Bitter. Tired. There only for punishment. All of us have to go.

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Man, you must be a blast at parties.

CVcrew likes this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Its winter. People supposed to be depressed and horny.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

yeppers, TheGoodGuys we’re lucky not to get him, as in UNlucky.

10. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I meant he doesn’t even wanna be here, so **** him.

11. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Statistically we have been very lucky in the draft. Not sure what you are on about.

12. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

I bet you still stalk your jr high girlfriend as well. Must be tough not being able to move on

bluffkin likes this.