1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets deal for Dillon Brooks (4 yrs/$86 million + incentives)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

As long as Brooks is disciplined in his shot profile, errthang is gonna be fine.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I'll apologize to Cinderella at seasons end, if he doesn't turn into a frog or pumpkin
    before then.

Dillon Brooks started off last season shooting 59% from 3 in games 2 thru 6.

Currently Dillon is (+/-): +4.9 [ On Court ].........+28.8 [ Off Court ]

I'd rather see Cam Whitmore

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/brookdi01.html

#1482 ApacheWarrior, Nov 5, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
  3. beardsanity713

Folks were going in on Brooks in this thread lmao

Asian Sensation likes this.
  4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

huh? he's played 5 games and is shooting 60/60/90. If he keeps this up then sure, i'll be dead wrong. Not counting on it

5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I guarantee if he had played poorly those 5 games, you and your ilk would be in here crowing

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I literally could not care less what happens over a minuscule sample like 5 games, whether he was shooting 100% or 0%

7. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

8. Houston77

Supporting Member

It’s not just 5 games. He had similar splits in the World Cup.

9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

lol ok

10. Houston77

Supporting Member

I’m sorry you had a bad take on this one. Looks like your poor feelers are hurt.

HD729 likes this.
  11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Doubling down on dumb takes, bold move cotton

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Dude, it's been FIVE games, he's under contract for FOUR YEARS. If he's still good after 40 games then you can start bragging but 5 games? get over yourself

Little Bit and Corpusfan like this.
  13. Houston77

Supporting Member

IMG_0184.gif

14. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

People forget like 50% of a players salary goes towards taxes and another percentage to their agent. This has always been a good deal for Brooks in these times where players are getting paid much more than usual. It was FVV's salary I questioned. Mainly because I didn't think any other team would have offered that much. But changing the perception of the team and organization is priceless and helps the Rockets in the long run.

Plowman likes this.
  15. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He’s the best deal in the NBA. The ignorance on this board is amazing. Forget about his shooting as it will eventually subside a bit, but his grit, leadership, and heart are just what all these young kids need to see and emulate. I actually can see Jabrari trying harder than ever on defense and Jalen actually almost playing defense which is a huge improvement over last year. We got a steal on this guy as there’s always room for a player like him on any roster. We just need to get a better scorer for the bench as it lacks major scoring punch.

HD729 likes this.
  16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I understand the thought that "no other team would offer him that much", but there is a huge flaw in that thinking. We aren't any other team. We were bottom 2 in the league for the last three years. In order for him to leave the organization he's been with his entire career, sell real estate, pack up his family and move them away from their friends, schools, daily lives, to join one of the worst teams in the league, it needed to be wildly in his favor.

Currently, another employer is trying to lure me away from my present company. I have probably surpassed the line of being reasonable in my demands in order to accept their offer. But that's because I had no plans to leave. I'm satisfied where I'm at. If you're going to pry me away, the terms have to be wildly in my favor. Otherwise, why would I inconvenience myself with a move?

Corrosion and MadMax94$ like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For the Rox he is but imagine there are NBA teams that already have similar Brooks type of players, they might not be scoring like him but it is not like he is the only one out there.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Serious question here: is it reasonable to expect him to shoot 60/60/90 over a season?

Seems an unfair bar for any player, ever!!

For me, if he brings toughness, defence and accountability, and doesn't take too many wild shots, then it is money well spent. So far he is delivering in spades on the former, and the latter just happen to be going into the hoop too...

In 2 years his $$ won't seem outrageous, and he will have given space for young guys to develop.

jim1961 likes this.
  19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

yup, so far he's been incredible

20. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Crowing about this being a good deal or a bad deal this early in his contract is as premature as declaring this season a success or failure after one game was. He has played well so far. Let’s hope that continues.

Little Bit and Easy like this.